XXXV.

Arnold
Our family doctor enters in the room and looks down at Blanche with his vision full of scrutiny.

"Ahh yes. Old girl is still kicking I see. The only thing I can do is possibly speed up her recovery, but she'll have to do the rest." He says as he taps his chin in deep thought.

"Do everything that you can for her."

"That spell she casted almost drained her life force."

"You don't mean...she couldn't possibly be."

"She's stuck between this world and the spiritual realm.

"Does she have her magic at least?"

"Dunno. I'll place a protective spell over her body to prevent other spirits from entering or attaching themselves to her."

"I have to go help her out."

"Someone needs to stay here to guard her body my spell can only do so much."

"I'll guard it." Zayne says as he slides into the room.

I nod to him and face the doctor.

"That's lovely then. Arnold lie down and calm your mind" Doc says as he starts lighting candles around me.

"It's calm."

"Good. Once you get to the realm don't tell them who you are, what you are or where you are from. There are others who don't like human hybrids among other things."
He begins to strike the miniature gong and I let the sound waves flow over me. With each wave the deeper I sink into a slumbering state. Until I see nothing, but pitch black darkness.

Without warning multiple colors that I can't even describe appear before my eyes. My breath seems like it's taken away from me as I stare all around in awe. The streets are buzzing and the colors seem more vibrant and sharp then the ones on Earth. It looks like some kind of city almost. I'm not sure how to find Blanche and I'll just blend as best I can. I keep my head leveled as I move with the flow of traffic around me.

Zayne
"What the hell did I sign up for?" I mumble to myself.

I look down at Blanche's motionless body and think about when I first met Kiarah. I was at the supernatural supermarket looking for some herb my father told me to get. I wasn't in a rush to finish the errand, but instead I soaked in my surroundings. That's when a sweet aroma filled my nostrils and the rhythm of a strong heartbeat plays in my ears. When I raised my gaze to the source she was giggling and skipping around with Blanche. Looking at the two you couldn't tell that they were mother and daughter. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Kiarah her very being was mesmerizing. As if she could detect someone staring at her she stopped skipping and searched her surroundings for the watchful eyes. I started walking towards her and before I could reach her Blanche pulled her into another shop before she could look in my direction.

"Hey! Hey! You didn't pay for that!" A voice shouted snapping me out of the trance I was in.

I reached in my pockets and overcompensated the merchant for the item in my hand.

"Thanks you can come back anytime."

My eyes never left the shop and I enter inside of it without reading the sign. A sea of colors, patterns, shaped fabric alongside of fragrances and other many other items. On the back wall swords, battle axes, morning star, along with other sharp objects for war. A fairy is in the back giving a demonstration on how a new fabric deflects attacks.

Her fragrance hits me and I let her think she surprised me as she strolls up beside me.

"Hi." She says.

"Hey." I reply.

Her eyes slide up and down my body with ease as she playfully swipes her lips with her tongue.

"I saw you checking me out while we were out there. You're not too bad yourself, but I seem to believe you wanted me to catch you. Let me guess a hopeless romantic too. You wanted our eyes to meet for love at first sight, but I didn't give you the satisfaction." She said while circling around me.

"Am I being investigated for my curiosity Miss?" I asked while raising my eyebrow.

"I could be married you know." She says while avoiding my question.

"If you were I would see a wedding ring on your finger or a mark on you. I would at least see your significant other by your side making sure no one else gets too close to you." I said.

Her heartbeat quickens and her cheeks paint themselves red.

"Let me guess you must be a werewolf." She said before twirling a lock between her index finger and thumb.

How can she read me so easily? My inner wolf is ready to claim her as his own and I have to silence my thoughts.

"Your tail is wagging around I guess you must be happy to see me." She says while smiling at me.

I focus and suppress it.

"I guess I kind of gave myself away didn't I? You might be an oracle, but your beauty is far greater than that of an oracle. You have a voice of a siren and the free spirit of a nymph. You're a witch aren't you?" I say as I slightly see a glimpse of her wand.

"Kiarah." She says while holding her hand out.

"Zayne." As I give kiss the back of her hand. Her hand fits into my hand and it's softer than the clouds in the sky. I don't want to let her hand go.

The girl she was skipping with earlier walks up to us.

"This must be your sister. Nice to make your acquaintance I'm Zayne." I say and she smiles my way.

"No I'm her mother. Blanche." I kiss the back of her hand.

"You age like fine wine." She smiles and looks at her daughter.

"Charming. Kiarah can you help me with the bags?" She asks.

"I can help if that doesn't intrude on you ladies."