XIX.

Zayne
I pace back and forth in my office. I know my daughter is still alive and she's out there. She has me blocked through her mindlink.

"Alpha you have another challenge."

I get up from my desk and head outside towards the woods. The wolf I'm going up against is weaker and smaller. I take off my shirt and Cartier holds it. The smaller wolf's nerves are fleeting.

"Ready? Spar!"

I circle around the wolf not daring to turn my back on him. I look over him scanning for a weakness. I see a slight limp in his hind leg and he tries to pounce on me. I easily side step it and go for his leg. He howls in pain and I lunge for his neck.

'Alpha I yield!'

The pack and I hear his surrender and I release him. I transform back into my human form and grab my shirt from Cartier. He walks by my side.

"Alpha that was over before it started."

Once we get into my office I close the door.

"I heard my daughter."

"How?"

"I'm not certain, but I know what I heard. She was calling out to me and I saw a few visions of her."

"Do you know her location?"

"I can draw what I saw."

I pick up a scent outside of my door and Cartier cracks the door a tad.

"Oryan this better be good."

"Your daughter sir."

I nod towards Cartier and he opens the door. Oryan shuffles in and closes the door behind him.

"Well?"

"She mind-linked me telling me that her and Jade transported a whole clan of vampires into the safe house. Jade is there with the clan but she didn't have enough strength to transport herself."

"Thank you. That will be all."

Oryan bows and leaves out of the room.

Jade
I hear a car pull and shortly after footsteps. I turn the lights off and I crouch down behind the door. A few members of the clan get into attacking positions while the rest move down a level in the safe house. Once the door opens I pounce onto the person only to have the lights turned on.

"Jade."

"Mr. Zayne."

"May you get off of me?"

"Yes sir."

He looks around at all of the vampires and locks eye contact with my dad.

"I'm sorry about Kiyah I tried to..."

"I know how stubborn my daughter can be she gets that from her mother. Excuse me."

My dad and Kiyah's dad head into his office.

Jaime
"So the girls found the lost clan of the vampires."

"I use to think that was a myth my father came up with Zayne."

"They can do more than what we give them credit for I will say that."

"Agreed. I just hate that Kiyah didn't return."

"I trust that she will be just fine."

I shift the conversation into something that is not as heavy.

"Jade and I are going to train the clan tomorrow. We want them to be prepared for what we will encounter during the great fight."

"That should do us some good. I will leave both of you to it."

He nods his head in my direction and both of the werewolves leave. Jade walk in and leans against the door frame.

"What was that all about?"

"Nothing. We have to squeeze an enormous amount of training into them with only a few weeks or days."

I brush past my daughter and back into the main part of the safe house.

"Gather around everyone! The werewolf pack is our friend and we have training that must be complete within a few days. I need all of you to pull together and remember to work as a team.

Kiyah
When I wake up there is more glasses of water next to me. I feel fully refreshed and I stretch from side to side.

"How long was I out?"

"A couple days."

"A couple days? You didn't wake me up?"

"Nope. You need your full strength and I see your senses are sharp."

"When can we start training?"

"After you eat."

"What's on the menu chef?"

"It's on the other side of you."

"My eyes connect with a banana and trail mix."

I'm not one to complain but where's the rest. I grab the food without hesitation and I eat it all. I gulp down another glass of water. He grabs the glass and banana peel.

"Hey come in here."

I get out of bed and dust myself off. I see him in the living room area sitting on a mat. I sit on the other one and mirror the position he's in.

"You need to become one within yourself. In order to do that you have to go on a self journey. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing."

I take a few deep breaths and now I'm in an enchanted forest. I touch my arm and it feels real. The colors are sharper and more vivid. I hear a howl in the distance. I try to shift into Kaleah but to no avail. I try to run but it's like I'm running in wet sand. A wolf pounces on me showing me its teeth.

"Kaleah it's me, Kiyah."

I try to use magic and nothing fizzes out of palms. I take a deep breath and place my hand onto her head. I start petting her and she turns onto her back for belly rubs.

"I love you Kaleah."

I get back up onto my feet and she nuzzles my side. She follows me every step of the way. I come across a woman reading a book by a river.

"Mom?"

"Kiyah?!"

"My baby you have gotten so big and I've been watching you. You have grown up so beautifully and you look like a mini version of me."

I start to cry a little but my tears don't look how it does in our world. The tears makes my image shimmer and sparkle.

"I have so many questions! Who killed you?"

"Baby I can't tell you that, but you will be meeting that person soon in your battle. Pay close attention to those you hold close. Oh and here I believe this belongs to you."

A golden ball flies beside me.