VII.

Kiyah
"Speed up Kiyah."

"I'm trying!"

"Don't try do!"

I jump and transform in mid air. I pin down one of the other werewolves and Oryan stands on the sidelines watching.

"From the top and faster."

'Kaleah you hearing this man?'
'Yeah I can tell he's wearing you out.'
'You ain't never lying.'

"Can we take a break?"

"Break? There's no breaks in a life and death situation. Push your body to its maximum. Don't hold back."

I cut my eyes at him and get back into the starting position. When I do the whole thing over I can tell I've done something that everyone hasn't seen before.

"What?"

"Did you see that?"

"Yeah it was like a flash of light."

When I look down the werewolf below me is even stunned.

"Alright everyone go on and pump some iron."

I shift back into my human form and help up the werewolf.

"Sorry I didn't know what happened back there."

"It's all good you're still training."

He winks at me and I can't help but to stare at his shirtless torso that's glistening with sweat. Goosebumps form on my arms and I rub them in attempt to make them disappear.

"Kiyah your training is complete for the day."

I shift again and run off into the woods. When I stop I'm around a cave with beautiful flowers at its entrance. I hear laughter all around me but I don't see anyone. Before I can smell a flower there's a chocolate colored woman with a flower crown bestowed on her hair. She places her hand in front of my snout and I look up at her forrest green eyes.

"I wouldn't do that."

I tilt my head to the side.

"Because that flower will get you higher than any other herbs in the world and it'll last for three months."

Makes sense to me and I turn to explore some more ground.

"Wait I'm Ivorie."

I transform into my human form so I can shake her hand and when I do it feels like a warm summer's breeze.

"Kiyah."

"Well Kiyah I hope to meet you soon."

"Yeah maybe I should be heading back."

The alpha's voice booms into my head.

'Kiyah where are you? Do I need to send the guards?'

'I'm coming back dad.'

I shift and run back to the pack house. I shift back into my human form and see my dad on the balcony looking exactly in my direction. It is what it is. I slowly walk into the house and make my way into the kitchen to have a brownie.

I pour myself a glass of milk and place two brownies on my paper towel before I'm summoned into dad's office.

'Kiyah come to my office.'

I relax my shoulders and brace myself for a speech. I don't bother knocking because I'm pretty sure he already knows that it's me.

I sit down in one of the recliners he has in front of his desk and he turns to face me.

"Kiki you have to let me know where you're going at all times. Our woods aren't safe as they once were."

"Do I need to let you know when I'm going to the bathroom too?"

His face tenses at my comment.

"Sorry, but I didn't go that far. Besides I wasn't even gone for that long."

"How about this I share some memories about your mother if you agree not to wander off without an escort and do well in your training with Oryan."

"I'll only agree to these terms if you will eat this brownie."

"It's settled."

Both of us eat our brownies together and share smiles.

The months fly by and both of the girls have finished their training with their fathers. They return to their grandmother's house for training from her.

Jade
"Kiyah!"

"Jade!"

"Your hair is beautiful."

Her goddess locks sway with each steps she takes towards me.

"Thank you! Omg you have fangs!"

"Yeah I do and they're retractable."

Grandma walks in with an ancient book.

"Hello my darlings it seems like training with your fathers have done you well. Your power seems to have grown since the last time we were together. I have a lot to teach both of you so I need you both to pay attention. This book is filled with spells that will help you in combat if you are knocked off balance, defense spells, etc. This book also has recipes for potions of all kinds you will really need to have the healing potions but you can only carry so much into battle. The healing potion must be precise otherwise it can do more harm to the injured person than good."

The months of training with grandma is bearable since I'm doing it together with my best friend. When the sun sets on the horizon I set up our little camp on the balcony so we can have our deep conversations we have every night.

"Kiyah what's on your mind?"

"You know with all of this training nothing has popped off. So I've been thinking about going to college."

"College?"

"Yeah I want to further my education. I can't just sit around waiting on something to happen while life passes me by. I'll only be three hours away, but the way you drive I'll only be one hour and forty five minutes away. I've already applied for it and I'm waiting for my acceptance letter."

"Well good luck with college. I support your decision. I think I'm just going to live each day one at a time. Things are going real good between me and my boyfriend."

"I'm glad to hear that Jade."

While we're on the balcony we ingest our favorite snack of s'mores while drinking milk. Kiyah says something so funny that I almost spit my milk out. Grandma walks into the balcony with us.

"There's a witches convention coming up and I want both of you to attend."

"When is it?"

"Tomorrow."

"I'm suppose to be on tour of my college tomorrow."