XXXI.

Kiyah
'Do not tell him that's your mate.' Kairi warns.

'He is our mate.' Kaleah interjects.

I do the sensible thing and just hold my tongue. Two scenarios play in my head on how my dad would react to my mate and neither outcome is good. I moisten my lips and nibble at the inside of my cheeks. I want to be honest with him about it but I don't think I could handle his reaction at the moment. His lips keep moving and I didn't catch anything that came out of his mouth.

"Kiyah now do you understand why you need to know people." He tunes back onto my ears.

"Uh...yes...I totally understand." I say while nodding my head.

"You weren't listening were you?" He says as he sighs.

"Not a word." I admit and rub my arm.

"You're my only daughter and I need you to be safe. I don't need any harm coming your way that could have been prevented." He says.

"I got you dad, but you have to understand that I have intuition which guides me to make decisions. Now granted I might ignore it every once in a while and suffer the consequences. I trust myself to make good decisions and you should too." I say while smiling to myself.

"You're right Kiki it's just been a few months since I've seen you and you're blossoming into a woman." He says.

I stand and my father moves in front of the door.

"Uh dad?" I say while raising my eyebrow and keeping my chair in between us.

I feel a change in the atmosphere and the hair on the back of my neck stands up. Without hesitation I teleport out of the room to the outside of the pack house. I transform into Kaleah and run the pack's safe house. Once I get there I practically knock over Jade.

"Kiyah! Slow down where's the fire?" She says as she catches her balance.

I shift and catch my breath.

"Did you mess with time?" I ask.

"I mean yeah so we could get more training in." Jade admits.

"Time heals all wounds I need you to change it back." I say.

"Just one problem with that...I kinda well Ace you tell her." She says while pushing Ace forward.

"We kind of ambushed a timekeeper and he slowed time down for us...." Ace says while hesitating to finish.

"Go on." Jade says.

"And we are not sure if he'll speed it up for us again and either way it'll be some side effects." Ace finishes.

"Basically I'm going to have to avoid my dad until the war starts. Noted." I say before I let out a frustrated sigh.

"What's going on with him?" Jade asks.

"Well that's the thing it's both of our dads. My dad is going to tell your dad and they'll try to lock both of us up. Deja vú if you will. I had a dream last night and you were in it." I say.

Jade
"Yeah I was literally in it. Pretty cool ability if you ask me. So where can we go?" I ask.

"Well I do want to stop by grandma's house before we hideout somewhere." Kiyah says.

"Let's go." I say.

We blink to grandma's house and we see smoke coming from the chimney. We look at each other before entering in. Grandma is in the living mixing some liquids together.

"What is that?" Kiyah asks and grandma turns around faster than I can blink my eyes.

She wraps us up in a tight hug and it feels like she doesn't want to let go of us.

"I missed you girls so much. It's been so quiet in the house." She pulls us back and looks into our faces.

"Both of you are getting to be so grown and beautiful young ladies." Tears being to fall from her eyes after she says those words.

"Are y'all hungry? I can whip something up real fast for both of you." She says as she wipes her eyes.

"If we get something it'll have to be to-go." I say while trying not to ruin this core memory.

"I would love to have a nice homemade meal." Kiyah says as I look at her in shock.

"Alright let me see what I can do." Grandma says before going into the kitchen.

"Kiyah what are you doing? You know we should be trying to hideout instead of eating." I fuss.

"Well you can't tell me that you don't miss her cooking and miss her in general." Kiyah retorts.

"The fact of the matter is that we are putting her in danger for our own selfish reasons." I say trying to get my point across.

She mulls over my words and heads into the kitchen.

"Hey grandma we kinda have to..." Kiyah starts to say only to get cut off mid sentence by grandma.

"I'm just so happy that you girls came to see me today. I am thankful to be able to gather together once again. Now what were you about to say Kiyah?" She asks.

"Well we are going to have to take leftovers instead if you have any because we are on the run." She says urging me to pick up where she left off.

"Our dads are trying to lock us up so we won't fight in the war." I finish.

"Sounds just like them too. They always want to control everything. That is why your mothers couldn't let them know what was going to happen. They want to be mister fix its and you can't play with fate like that." She rambles on.

She packs us up some food and hugs us again.

"Can you show us how to go into the place between time and space? Kiyah asks.

Grandma shows us and we successfully enter into the place. She shuts it behind us and it looks vacant with void tendencies. Both of us turn the space into a nice waiting room and add a clock in the middle to make sure we arrive on time for battle.