XXIII.

Zayne
'Daddy.' I could swear I hear my baby girl's voice in my head. I roll over and look at the clock on my night stand and it's 3am.

'Kiyah?'

'I know it's early in the morning but I hope you're taking care of yourself. I don't want to hold you up but prepare the pack, and all of our allies. The dark mistress will be there in 3 days time.'

'Are you doing well? How are you and more importantly where are you?'

'I'm fine just I'm trying to figure some things out. I'll see you soon.'

'What's on your mind baby girl?'

'If you were given a choice to live the life you wanted and to protect your loved ones would you? Even though it meant everyone who you didn't know may or may not survive.'

'Kiyah let me ask you something. What kind of world would it be if just you and the people you love were free? I don't think that would be a fair world and others would see it as unfair. When people see unfair things happen they tend to want reform and rebel against it. I don't think I would want to be apart of that.'

'Yeah I see what you mean.'

'Kiyah do whatever you feel is right within your heart.'

'I will and dad take care of the pack. Make sure you are taken care of too.'

'I will and thank you for contacting me.'

'You're welcome and I'll see you soon.'

My mind goes silent and I get up from my bed. I stretch and go straight into my office.

'Cartier. Cartier wake up and come into my office.'

'I'll be there.'

Cartier walks in still in his pajamas.

"What do you need boss?"

"I need you to get the pack ready for war. The war starts in three days."

'Oryan. Oryan wake up and come into my office.'

Oryan runs into my office and I nod at him.

"Oryan I need you to get the women who are unable to fight and the children placed into our safe houses. Make sure we have enough food stocked in the houses to sustain them. Take our pregnant women to our spa resort so they can be comfortable. Make sure the spa has all the supplies they will need. I need both of you to make sure you do your jobs well our lives depend on it. Make sure we have our special forces protecting the safe house and spa resort."

"Yes sir."

Oryan shifts and starts running in the direction of the safe houses.

"I see you've finally forgiven him."

"A leader is only as strong as his pack. It wasn't his fault they left. It was meant for them to take their journey whether I liked it or not."

"Spoken as a true alpha. When is she coming back?"

"When the war begins."

"Should I get the troops ready now or let them sleep in?"

"Make them ready now. There's some intense training they'll have to do in 3 days."

"I'm on it."

Once Cartier leaves I pull out my cellphone and call other packs to get them to unite with my pack.

Jade
I see a clock with a crystal ball in front of it. I reach out to grab it and torches light a path of a walkway. At the end of the walkway there's three chairs and a car off to the side.

"Jade welcome."

"Where am I?"

"You're in the palace of the oracles. Welcome in Kiyah."

"Jade are we dreaming?"

"Yes and no you both have astro-projected yourselves before us."

"Wow okay so why are we here?"

"Most come for our wisdom or to bargain."

"Is there anyway for us to come in person?"

"Ahh yes Kiyah the book you have in the back of it is the map to get to us. Or you could read the spell in your mind and you'll arrive."

"Okay that's what I'll do and Jade would you like to come?"

"Umm no I think I'm good I have to finish training the vampires."

"The dark mistress will be upon us in 3 days."

"I need to wake up then and so do you we have some work to get out."

"Can you wake us up?"

"Certainly."

Jade
I sit up in my bed and look around.

"Dad!"

In a flash he's by my side.

"What's going on?"

"We have to finish up with training the vampires we only have 3 days left before the dark mistress comes to us."

"Okay let's make some preparations for the women and children. We have to get our troops ready and I might have to call some clans."

"We're a team remember just let me know what you need me to do."

"I will sweetheart."

He kisses my forehead and starts making phone calls. I change out of my pjs and start getting ready.

"I'll go to the safe house."

He places his hand on his phone.

"Jade wait until I get finished with these phone calls."

I listen to him happily yapping away on the phone and start bouncing a ball off of the wall.

"One...two...three...four...fiv...hey!"

Dad takes the ball and gives me a disapproving look.

"Thank you old friend."

He hangs up the phone and continues to look me dead in my eyes.

"What?"

"I should've taught you patience in your training."

"I can be patient."

"Try harder next time please Jadie."

"Huh? Nah we're going to work on nicknames because that is not it."

He shrugs his shoulders.

"I could call you by your middle name instead."

"No thank you."

"I thought that would change your tune, but let's get to the safe house. We should have some movers on their way to help."

"Okay lets do it."

We arrive at the safe house and the vampires are causally lounging around.

"Everyone gather around. I need all of the women and children in one group. I need all the men in the other group. Now if you're a lady who is willing to fight form a group in the middle."