Chapter 28: Game Night

No body knew how they got from talking about models to this. it resulted them in a big match and lots of friendly time which Adrien was grateful about.

"Nope no no and no." Marinette argued, her gaze offended as she looked at him like he had grown a second head. "I fully disagree."

"How? It was the best in the series."

"No, it wasn't. It was literally an updated version of the one before."

"You thought the second one was the best? Seriously?"

"It was the best overall and you cannot deny that."

"I disagree." Marinette strongly stood up grabbing the closest thing to her and beating it against the table like a judge. Sadly tho, it was a stapler.

If anyone were to pass by Marinette's office, they would clearly think there was something seriously wrong going on in there. The truth is, they would be right. One of the biggest offences have been thrown at Marinette.

"The third was way better. It has better graphics, voice quality and speed."

"Ultimate Mega Strike Three was way over hyped. I can't believe I waited that long for it to come out. They did not even add any knew characters or settings to the game." Marinette shot back.

"That's not right! They added the marine twins."

Marinette couldn't hold down her laughter any longer. Here they were. A fully grown adult arguing with her boss/ friend about video games in a world renewed Fashion company 3 weeks from the big fashion show.

Adrien set down his coffee on the table, got up and lent against the table. "You know what I think?" he asked. "I think that you are just saying that because you wouldn't be able to beat me if you tried."

She straightened at the challenge. "You think you're better?"

"Absolutely," he retaliated with a grin.

"When was the last time you even picked up a controller and played?"

He considered the question for a moment and then answered. "Probably when I was in London with Father."

Marinette rolled her eyes. "Did you have anyone to play against? When was the last time you had a real challenge?"

"I did not make many friends in London, but I'm up for a challenge if you're offering?" he raised his brows as if he was daring her to take his offer and challenge him.

She did. "If you think you can take it then I gladly will. Just don't come crying to me afterwards."

"Done." Adrien rolled his eyes and pointed at her. "Who's gonna cry? Me? We will see about that."

"I'm warning you tho. Me, Alya, Nino and Hugo have a tradition to gather every Friday night for a video game tournament. I think you should practice beforehand because even Hugo can be competitive. "

"I guess Hugo must get those skills from his mother then." Marinette blushed nicely, but rather stood proudly at his praise.

"So. Friday night? Our group has been missing out for a couple of weeks, but if they are free we can gather up everyone."

"Whose place are we talking about?" He blushed as soon as the words were out. He was sure that it came out the wrong way. Marinette seemed to skip over it tho. "We mostly have them at my house. I'll message them the details and then message you back for confirmation."

"Great we've got a deal."

In the corner, Tikki shook her head in disapproval, yet smiled at the foolishness of these two.