Chapter 4: In on the Secret

Ladybug swung across Paris through the whole night. The Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, Andre's Ice cream, The roof top he once took her to and every place that brought her memories. For the hundredth night, there still was no sight of the guy that took her heart with him.

Ladybug swung in through her open trapdoor defeatedly, falling onto her knees on her bed as her transformation gave out. Pink light engulfed her. As the light passed below her abdomen, it revealed her bump that her suit completely hid. No one would know, but her.  The secret was safe. She could finally let it all out, she could pretend that she wasn't the heroin nursing her broken heart. People kept cheering her on every night she went out to search. They never knew the real reason she went out. Ladybug tried to keep it together in front of any reporter or person who asked her about her partner.

"I don't know" was the only thing she always answered with.

She bent into herself and cradled herself in her arms. She felt Tikki's small hand drying her tears. Aa  moment of silence passed until she heard something drop below her. She gasped and made quick contact with her kwami. Marinette went towards her ladder and descended down to the floor. She was met with the blue eyes of her boyfriend, looking at her with equal surprise.

"Well, I was wondering where you were all this time. Now I think I have my answer."

No, oh no. She raised her head to find Luka sitting on her rolling chair holding his guitar.

Her lips parted to say something. To explain. Marinette could only whimper in response.

"I had a feeling there was something you were hiding, Marinette. Now I think I know what it is."

"Luka I-" She finally was able to get these words out passed her lips.

He said nothing else, just stood, placed his guitar against her desk and to her surprise, he parted his arms. Welcoming her into them to hold her. They looked so welcoming. She inhaled sharply and barely stood from the floor, and when she ran into his arms. It was more like she was a toddler still learning how to walk with her wobbly legs. He went forward to catch her into his hold. wrapped them around her, raising one hand to cup the back of her head, holding her to his chest as he played with her hair.

She could only sob into his chest. She had been yearning for this hug since the day he left. He pressed his lips to her head and kissed her comfortably, then set his chin on top of her head. "I will be by your side whenever you need me." and he tightened his hold on her.

They stayed in each others hands for what seemed like forever. Luka was not bothered by it at all. He gave her all the time she needed. Finally, when Marinette's legs grew tired, Luka supported her weight to the chaise. She laid on her side while Luka hugged her body close to hers. His head on top of hers.

"Luka I"

"Take all the time you need Marinette. We are not in a hurry." he soothed her with his words. Marinette chose to continue on anyway. I was unfair to him.

"I was out to get fresh air, b-but there is something else. I also wanted to find him." she sighed.

"I wanted to at least have an explanation."

"He left me Luka. He made me believe he loved me. Years I would feel bad every time I rejected his love confessions. As soon as I gave in, he left." She made a sound between a choking laugh and a painfully cry.

"So Chat Noir is the father right? I'm so sorry Marinette."

"No, don't apologize Luka. It's all my fault anyway. I should have felt or known something would go wrong. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I understand if you want to leave m-" Luka stopped her before she could continue.

"My girlfriend is so strong. she defeated hawkmoth and protected our city since she was young. I would never want anything else. Don't you ever speak about yourself like that."

"What made you choose me as Viperion?" Luka asked curiously. "To be honest. You weren't my first choice." She shouldn't have said that. Marinette cringed.

"I gave it to Adrien first , but things were not working out with him. He gave it up after thousands of tries to stop what was about to happen. He said we spend days there. you were the only other person I felt was trustworthy and powerful enough." Marinette looked up at him smiling. "And I was right. No body would be better than you."

"How is Sass doing? I miss him."

"He is doing fine. I take all kwami's out of the miracle box once a week to check up on them since I'm the guardian now."

"Another reason for me to be proud having you as my girlfriend." Luka smiled. Marinette rolled her eyes at him. "Want to meet my Kwami? I think you'll like her. Tikki Come out now."

The red kwami came out of her hiding spot and onto Marinette's palm. "Hello, My name is Tikki. It's nice to finally meet you in person Luka."

Luka patted her head softly "Hello Tikki. I take you're the one that supports Melody. Thankyou so much." He looked back at Marinette.

"I do not like you putting yourself in danger tho. That being said, You missy are not allowed to go out as Ladybug anymore. At least not until this baby is safely out and with us."

"But"

"No buts Melody. I said I would protect you and I am at my words. I'm not letting anything happen to this child."

"I agree Marinette. Luka is right. Hawkmoth is over. Paris will be fine until you safely have this one." Luka thanked Tikki as she supported his idea.

"What if something or a threat shows up in Paris again?" Marinette worried.

"How about you trust him again with the snake miraculous till you give birth and recover enough to get back?" Tikki suggested.

Luka eagerly nodded agreeably. "I have no problem looking over Paris till you're ready. Anything to keep you safe."

Marinette pouted as she looked at both of them, but then rolled her eyes at them and agreed. truth Marinette loved how Luka cared for them both.

They spent the whole night cuddling together as he hummed in her ear and cradled her growing bump. His hands on top of hers.