Chapter 31: All I Want For Christmas

Marinette and Hugo were picked up on the way to the mall by Chloe to meet up with the rest of their friends. They had decided to go get photos with Santa at the annual Christmas booth for keeps. No body can get too old for pictures with Santa.

"Auntie Alya, Uncle Nino!" Hugo ran towards the group Hanging out near the malls entrance.

"Hey little one." Nino shagged up Hugo's hair making it wild. "Nino! He's taking a picture today!" Marinette scolded as she went to fix her child's hair.

"Uncle Nino. I'm not little. I'm big." Hugo pouted as he emphasised his size by spreading his arms out.

Alya chuckled at the cuteness. She really wanted her child to be like Hugo. Although they hoped for a girl, they wanted all the fun qualities of Hugo. "You're right Hugo, you're growing every time we see you."

Adrien as usual got his big warm hug. All four adults pouted at Adrien seeing how he was the only one that got the hug.

The group decided to start walking towards the gate were the meet and greet was being held. Just a short walk away.

Adrien turned to start talking to Marinette since the rest of their friends seemed more interested in talking about the latest videogame with Hugo, but she wasn't there.

He turned around looking for her. When he spotted her, she was looking at one of the pieces through the jewelers store display window.

He inched closer curiously to see what it was. It was a simple bracelet with multiple charms dangling from it. the two centre piece were one of each Ladybug and Chat Noir. A paw to represent him and a ladybug to represent his lady, whom he hasn't heard from for a while.

"It looks pretty." Marinette jumped up in the air surprised to find him behind her. "Adrien!Don't do that. You scared me." she slapped his shoulder, glaring at him playfully.

"I guess I can be sneaky sometimes." He grinned at her. "Do you like it?". Marinette looked confused for a second, but followed his gaze back to the display case where the bracelet sat. "It looks cute."

"I didn't take you as a Ladybug and Chat Noir fan?" He asked. "Ladybug only." Marinette clarified only for Adrien to frown.

"Weren't you a Chat Noir fan back in highschool? You used to stand up for him a lot in front of Chloe."

"Used to." Marinette pointed out. "Not anymore. Maybe I was wrong." Adrien's frown increased. He looked dissatisfied with her answer. "How So?"

"No body leaves without an explanation. He just left his partner and Paris. He left as soon as Hawkmoth was defeated. Almost as if he was desperate the whole time to leave." He had somehow suspected that this would be her answer but yet it still hurt.

His alter-ego hasn't made up with Marinette yet. It was hard that he couldn't tell her anything, most importantly to tell her, it wasn't his fault.

She tried to quickly change the topic since there was an awkward pause between them. "So how will you spend Christmas this year?"

"I'm all Alone this year since father and Natalie are not coming from London to visit yet." Marinette felt bad for him. Has he even celebrated Christmas with his father when they were in London?

That man had better made the best of the chance she gave him because she didn't let him off the hook for nothing. Suddenly Marinette had a great idea.

"Hey, what if you come celebrate this Christmas with us? Me and Hugo typically celebrate it at my parents house and i'm sure they would love for you to join us." She grinned as she saw the awed face Adrien had. "Oh no, I cannot possibly do that. You probably want to have family time and I wouldn't want to intrude."