Chapter 6: Hugo

Contractions began at around dinner time. Marinette couldn't sleep the whole night. Her mom kept on encouraging her to walk around the house, supporting her weight.

She had talked to the doctor twice today and both times she was told to wait till the contractions were closer in time which seemed to happen very slowly as if time hates her. Alya had came as soon as she had called which her mom insisted she'd do. It was very obvious she threw the first thing she found on to come to her friend's rescue.

Marinette cried, as she sat on the couch. Her parents and friend tried to keep the conversation going to keep her mind off. She appreciated it really. Why did no one tell her birth would be this painful before?

Finally at 2am, Marinette's water fully broke. Alya supported her weight down the stairs and into the ready car while Sabine locked the door and carried the hospital bag following after them.

The nurse was ready for them outside with a wheelchair. She was seated and taken to her assigned room in the birthing and children's wing. The room was fairly lit. Bigger than the other ones. She had felt bad that her parents have paid so much for her comfort.

She was carefully helped sit on the hospital bed laid in the middle of the room after changing into the blue hospital gown. A tv screen was on and attached to the wall right across from her and above a mini kitchen.

A couch was placed in the corner beside the window that overlooked the Eiffel Tower for visitors. A baby station with a weighing scale and tools for when her baby arrived sat beside the rolling bassinet she was way too eager to have her baby sleep in soon. Suddenly it felt all too real. She was having her child. Her Hugo.

She could hear the baby's heart beat being monitored on the screen that displayed a whole bunch of weird numbers.

Marinette scrunched her face, her teeth clenching as she felt another contraction pass, stronger than the one before.

She was ladybug for gods sake. She had gotten injured and pained for the past four years.

Somewhere in the corner of the room, hidden, Tikki sat looking sadly at her chosen. She was able to hide her bump as ladybug, but she was not able to take away any of the pain she was now feeling.

Marinette's eyes immediately looked pleading as soon as the doctor stepped in yet another time to check on her dilation.

"Please tell me it'll be over soon?" Marinette begged, her eyes tearing.

Marinette clenched her teeth as her contractions felt as if they got closer and closer.

"I'm sorry Marinette, you're only 8cm far. You're very close tho." The doctor looked at her sadly in pity.

"It hurts!" She screeched. She could not take this longer. Her mother was a saint! How was she able to beat this pain?

Marinette was not even sure she wanted to have anymore children. This was probably why she was the only child and suddenly she couldn't even blame her mom anymore.

Her father paced around outside as he heard his daughter cries behind the door.

His little princess was in pain. Why did she have to face this pain so early in life?

"Do anything, please!" Marinette begged, her vision bleared with tears.

Sabines heart cracked as she witnessed her daughters broken pleads. Her own tears falling down her cheeks. She didn't brush them away, instead she held her daughters hand stronger, looked at Alya who had a matching look on her face and then back at the doctor.