Chapter 7: Breakup

Marinette held Hugo is one arm while she finished applying her light makeup for her date with Luka today.

Hugo, squirmed babbling incoherently and then calmed as she began to bounce him carefully while humming his favorite lullaby.

It was a sunny day with a lovely breeze outside. She had agreed to meet Luka with Hugo for a nice day out in the park. Luka wanted to tell her something important. Hugo was dressed in a cute onesie she had made him while she wore a rose pink sun dress.

She bid her parents goodbye. Their eyes were excited as she told them she was going out with Luka. "Say hi to him for us." It had been a year and a half now, but they loved Luka as their own.

She went out with Hugo sitting in his stroller towards the park. "Hey Hugh? Are you excited to see Luka?" He started clapping his hands together and then pointed towards the blue-haired man who was as happy to see them as the child was.

"Hugo!" Luka was quick to grab him out of the stroller and throw him into the air. "Whee" The camera noise and the bright flash caught both boys attention. "This is a keeper." Marinette giggled and then pouted at Luka. "I see you like him more than me."

"Aww come on melody. You know you're the one always on my mind." He bent down to give her a kiss, but Hugo's hand suddenly slapped both their cheeks. "But he's my best bud so don't be jelly."

"How about we go sit down under that tree." He pointed to a large tree with a lovely shady place underneath. They approached and sat in that area. Luka still holding Hugo in his lap.

"How are your parents?" Luka asked. "They are doing really well. They wanted me to tell you to pass by sometime."

"I surely will. I mean who can ever pass the opportunity top go to the nicest bakery in Paris?"

Luka helped Hugo to his feet and held his hand. The boy wobbled on his feet, but kept a tight hold on Lukas hand. "His sleeping schedule is messed up!" Marinette whined. "Is that so little Hugh? Why don't you let your awesome mother get better sleep."

Hugo walked towards Luka slowly. "ooh there you go little man." he let go of one hand and then slowly the other. "You are doing it!" Marinette and Luka cheered as Hugo walked a few steps and then falling in Luka's lap.

"Oh my god! this was the first time Hugo walks." Hugo hugged Marinette tightly and then brushed her proud tears, kissing her temple and brushing Hugo's hair softly.

"How was your meeting with uncle jagged?" Marinette asked. "He as well told me to say hi to you, but that was actually what I wanted to talk to you about." He looked panicked for a moment. "What is it Luka?" she brushed their hands together.

"Well." He paused to take a breath. "I talked with Jagged last night about the contract he was offering me and...." He looked at her directly. "He said that if I accept the contract, I should be able to go live in America in order to work with his Music records company and then later maybe even go on a world tour."

Luka closed his eyes after he finally burst the bomb. He waited for her to say anything.

The air around them stilled, but then Marinette interrupted it. "For how long?" She whispered.

"Well um." Luka reached to scratch behind his neck nervously.

"How long Luka?" She asked again.

"It might be a year, but if my music hits then I might stay there longer."

"What about us?" She sounded mad. "Have you thought about us?"

"We can always make a long distance relationship last Marinette."