Chapter 20: Dancing to the Beat

Two hours later Marinette was all showered and dressed in mini dress she had designed but never got to wear. It was black with three quarter length-sleeves, cut to show a bit of cleavage.

Tikki flew around munching on a cookie "wow Marinette you look great!!" Marinette smiled reaching out to let her Kwamii sit on her palm "Thankyou tikki, it's time to go come on" Marinette looked one last time in the mirror and went out.

At the club

Alya, Nino and Adrien were standing in front of the loud music club doors waiting for Marinette to show up.

Her car pulled up while they were chatting, alya was first to point her out "Our girl has arrived!" Marinette blushed as she approached them "Hey guys, sorry I'm late."

"Wow, Mari!", Alya beamed, looking up at her, "You look absolutely gorgeous! If I looked half as good as you, I'd look stunning!"

"Alya stop it, you ARE beautiful" the two girls hugged while the guys smiled. "Marinette you look great!" Adrien and Nino each complemented, hugging her after Alya. Marinette thanked them politely.

"Are you ready to have the night of your lives?" Cheered Alya excitedly. "I've never been clubbing before but since Hugo will be at my parents for the weekend I'm ready to do this."

They all entered the dark club filled with disco lights booming with loud music.

Nino and alya immediately went for the drinks bar, waving at someone they probably know. "Hey Martin, my friend. What's up?" The guy patted Nino's back. "Good, we all miss you. Can't wait to get your music jams up and running!"

"Brought some friends to refresh our teen years. Thought we'd come here tonight to get drunk for the start of the weekend." Alya said, sitting down.

"Well, anyone is welcome here, especially if they're friends of yours! Have a seat, I'll get started on your drinks! The usual if I'm not wrong."

"You got it dude." Nino winked. Martin immediately went back behind the bar to prepare their drinks.

Adrien pulled out a stool for Marinette,
She smiled at the blonde in gratitude before turning to Alya.

"Alya, I don't plan on getting that drunk tonight. I need to drive back." She insisted as Adrien sat next to Nino.

"Don't worry about it, girl. You aren't a lightweight, a couple drinks won't hurt." Alya laughed, elbowing her friend playfully.

Nino and Alya were first to excuse themselves or a dance. After the awkward chatting the alcohol kicked in, making Marinette gain a little confidence to ask Adrian to dance.

He held out his hand and she gratefully took it, already hearing the first song being played.

"Thanks." she breathed, smiling at him as he led her to the dance floor that was packed with people dancing.