Chapter 43: Missing

Marinette grit her teeth the whole time back home. She looked back worriedly at Hugo every once in a while.

Thankfully Hugo did not ask further questions about todays incident. He laid comfortably on the couch wrapped around in his blanket while watching his favorite cartoon show when they arrived home. She decided on a simple dinner tonight. A warm bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich, one of their shared favorites.

After laying Hugo in bed, Marinette went back downstairs to turn off the television. Tikki was abnormally silent through the whole time. Marinette wondered if she should talk to her.

"Did you see how Adrien was with Hugo today?" She tried to make light conversation.

"Yea, he looked really sweet playing with Hugo like that." Tikki agreed.

It was one of the sweetest things she had seen. Her son bonded greatly with him, she knew that he liked him. And the fact that Adrien took time out of his schedule to take care of something that had nothing to do with him.

"Are you going to stay silent forever about Lila?" Tikki asked.

Marinette already inspected she would get this question. "It's only a week. It's already too late to take any action."

"No it is not." Tikki interjected.

"I think I might tell Adrien after the show. That can get her banned from joining any future shows."

"If that's what you want." Tikki said uncertain. Marinette was happy it would be left like that.

After tidying around the little messes left, Marinette went up to check up on Hugo and then to sleep herself.

  ------------------
Hugo tried not to fall asleep from the final dose of medication his mother gaze him.

Today he was supposed to meet Chat Noir on their balcony. He was very happy when he found a note hidden in his bedroom with a paw print on it. Regardless how it appeared there. Of course, as promised, he hadn't told his mother about it.

As usual, the little one got out of bed after making sure his mother was asleep. He took the liberty of wearing a sweater on top of his pajamas to stay warm. He stuffed a couple of tissues in the pocket in case of a stuffy nose.

He sat crouched down in front of the balcony doors waiting for the black shadow to approach the doors. It didn't take long and that made Hugo smile, he didn't forget about him.

The hero barely landed before the doors opened and out came Hugo. Chat smiled at the child who he now knew received the paper he had snuck into his room to place.

He frowned when he saw his red nose. Chat had come with the intention of canceling the stroll tonight since he already saw him as Adrien earlier through the day. He now just had to break the news to him.

"I don't think we should go out today Hugo." Chat expressed worriedly. "You look like you caught a bad cold."

"I'm fine. Mommy said I got better. I even wore my sweater for the cold air." He pointed to the black sweater.

"We can always go some other day. You need to rest now." Chat tried to lead him back by his shoulders towards the balcony doors, but Hugo planted his feet firmly onto the ground to stop him.

"No we can't. We need to go today! You didn't come for a long time. Did you forget about me?"

"No Hugo. I couldn't. I was just busy."

"Then let's go today!" He gave him wide puppy eyes. "I'll be fine. My mom even told me my temperature went down. I have tissues in my pocket to last me through."