Chapter 37: Ladybug's Interview

"Why the long face?" Alya asked as she prepped some tea in her apartment kitchen.

"Oh, nothing." Marinette dismissed. She scrolled down the television stations hoping to find something to watch, but really, she wasn't even looking at the tv.

"Mari." Alya said in a warning voice. "We're besties. Either you tell me or I haunt the truth out of you." She jokingly threat.

"I'm just thinking about Luka's visit to Paris." Marinette admitted.

"What about it?" Alya asked as she filled up the steaming water into the cups.

"It's confusing. It's like he's back with the idea of us being back together."

"Mari." Alya sighed. "When Luka left, he didn't change. He was the same Luka you dated but you temporarily removed the labels." Alya leaned onto the counter. Her head lay against her elbows.

"What do you mean?" Marinette asked.

"Now that he's back, don't you think he might be trying to get a label back on you? Trust me girl. I saw the way he introduced you at the concert. He didn't even deny the dating part. Maybe he didn't completely give up on you."

"That just makes the matters worse tho." Marinette scoffed. "I promised myself I'd think back of him as my friend Luka for both our sakes, but now that he's back, it's just bringing old things back."

"You mean old feelings?" Asked alya as she brought out two mugs of tea. She handed one to her friend before joining her on the couch.

"I don't know. It's just that he was beside me at my hardest time. And oh my god, Adrien."

"What about him?"

"We hung out yesterday at my place as a Thank you on my part for when he went to Hugo's 'bring your father to school day'."

"How was that? You didn't even tell me."

"It was all going good. Well, all up till Hugo woke up."

"Same dream?" Alya knowingly asked.

"Mhm. It's weird tho. Hugo only ever usually gets them a couple of times a year. They have been coming more frequent for the last three months."

"Definitely weird. What happened between you two tho?" Alya wanted to cut faster to the point.

"We were eating dessert, which by the way you never told me he texted you about."

"I thought it was cute. He texted me a few minutes before your date because he was too lost between the different possibilities and what you might not like." She smiled. It was. Alya gushed out Marinette's order as soon as he had called her for it.

"He suddenly started asking me about Luka. How we dated and how we broke up. His last question gave me the thoughts I'm having right now. He asked me if I would ever date Luka again."

"What did you say?" Alya asked.

"I didn't answer. Thankfully that's when Hugo woke up."

"Well let me put it this way. What would you have answered?"

"I don't know? I mean we had a great relationship. Luka really does love Hugo as his own, but maybe Adrien being there is what's making me stumble." Alya put he mug down on the coffee table and turned her body to face more towards Marinette. Her hands were warm as they held hers comfortably.

"That's normal Marinette. You had a crush on Adrien way before dating Luka. Your feelings are just coming back." Marinette really appreciated Alya's reasonings and explanations on things. How did she always know what truly lied through her?