Chapter 32: First Patrol

Tikki encouraged her holder to go out per usual whenever she have had a bad day. She knew it would help her clear off her mind even if she didn't feel like going out.

Marinette decided to take her chances of a bad encounter and go out, leaving one of the kwamis out to watch over her sleeping son.

She felt careless running in her suit. If only those people who cheer for her when she passes them knew of the average young mother residing underneath that mask.

Marinette chose one of the average roof tops to select as her spot for the night. The light illuminated everything going underneath as the Persians walked happily snuggled in their warm clothes. Some held multiple bags as they excited the toy store that coincidently resided across the street from the building she was on.

She envied them as the walked happily with the gifts they bought. The gifts that could be physically and emotionally bought. It was quite some time she sat there. This night, she chose to ignore the cameras pointed towards her. No smiles were given, but if their phones were good enough, they might be able to zoom onto her face expression.

A soft landing sounded behind her. Her shoulders stiffened for a second. No, not here. Why was he here. Marinette prepared herself to lash out or make a run as soon as the steps grew closer. When she looked up expecting to be met with green eyes, her eyes were met with blue instead. Viperion's to be exact.

"Viperion?"

His mask was black now with embraided scale design. His hair was darker and more tamed unlike his wild hair when he is untransformed. The suit was mostly black leather. A dark shade of aqua blue highlighted his muscles in every meaningful way. Muscles she hadn't paid attention too last night because of his clothes. Cross that.

"Who did you expect to find?" He chuckled as he joined her on the sledge where she sat. "I saw the blog, Alya never misses a sighting now, huh?"

"Alya isn't the only one working the blog. Manon and her friend work it for her because of her busy time."

"Why are you out here anyway. Where did you leave Hugo?" Viperion asked.

"Don't worry. I always leave a Kwami with him. They will send me a signal if anything is wrong. I just felt like getting fresh air."

"Too much on your mind lately?" Viperion looked below at where the people stood looking up at him. He realized they were taking pictures of him.

"You have no idea." Came back her tired response.

"Well. Do you want to talk about it?" He smiled towards the cameras that were pointed up at them and then looked back at her.

"Uh huh." Marinette nodded. Suddenly everything dawned up on her again. The tears that were dry on her cheeks by now were re coted by new ones. It was the sound of her sob that made Viperion finally realize that something was really wrong.

Viperion not knowing what to do, immediately stood up carrying Ladybug with him. He wasn't sure if the cameras caught anything, but he aimed to back away from the edge to a more secluded part of the building as fast as he could to avoid any unwanted attention.

He pushed open the emergency staircase doors and put her down gently, but still held her hand in his. It was dark, only aluminate by the window on the top of each stair flight. Viperion led her to lean against the wall, but still kept his hold on her firm. "What happened?"

"Hugo."

"What's wrong with Hugo?" Luka asked worriedly. "We went to take Christmas pictures with Santa today at the mall. Hugo had made a list of everything he wanted this Christmas. I read it before, I really did, but when we got there, there was one thing added to that list."