Chapter 16: Two Greens under the Midnight Sky

Chats POV
______________________
The leather clad hero was once again strolling on the roofs of Paris. A couple of days passed from the night on Marinette's balcony, he could not stop thinking about her.

A couple of visits during their teenage years should not have drawn such a reaction from her. Yes, they were friends who goofed up together and yes, they have shared lots of memories such as countless nights of rants about how their day went, movies, secrets, and puns.

Why was Chat opposite to his civilian self denied a chance for forgiveness? Adrien came back the exact same time, they both were also away for the exact same time. Both sides of him are friends with her yet she still chose one over the other.

If he could only go back in time some how and fix his mistakes, maybe saying goodbye, explaining himself, or simply even not traveling in the first place.

Why did a new start have to come in with a new country? It was not as if the identity of Hawkmoth was revealed to Paris. They could have started fresh by simply just moving houses.

Aside from these thoughts, today he would be fulfilling his promise to Hugo.

The 24 year-old man knew very well that they wouldn't actually find that one night stand man who was stupid enough to leave Marinette like a cheap item, after all, there could be at least thousands of people in Paris with the same description, but who was he to ruin the 5 year old's hope?

He was there too once, right, he knew both his parents, but he was grown motherless with a cold-hearted man for most of his life. Marinette is kind-hearted and would probably fill in for both spots, but he would do anything to give that boy someone to call dad. As soon as he found that dumb enough man, he would make sure to knock some sense into him.

If he was to give his opinion, he wanted that child to be his above all things he would ever wish for a Christmas present. That boy was just so.... innocent, and close to the heart. Who would not like to have him as his really?

He had spent a bunch of time in the past years dreaming of having Marinette as his lady. When he came back and saw her child he just got lost in him so much that it pained him to know that he wasn't actually the father nor that Marinette was his lady in less than a day.

He finally approached the familiar balcony of Marinette's apartment quietly landing in the while hoping it is an indication for Hugo to know of his presence. Two minutes passed he spent them admiring the flowers placed carefully around the balcony until he finally heard the balcony door softly slide open.

I turned around and saw a blob of midnight hair peeking before me smiling and then fully coming out. The clad hero drew closer to the shy boy.

"Hey Hugo, how are you doing?" The boy lifted his head slightly "I'm good, I didn't actually think you would come." Chat frowned and reached over with his pinkie out.

"Oh but young man, you should know that a true hero never breaks his promise." Hugo copied Chat, linking his tiny finger with Chat's bigger one. Finally looking him straight in the eyes, green making contact with green "Thankyou" he whispered smiling into the night fallen sky.