Chapter 14: A Date and a Warm Embrace

The next day passed in a blur, it was currently 5:30 and in fifteen minutes Marinette would be leaving to her date. She did not want to dress up since she knew that it will be a one-time date, but she knew Alya would kill her if she did not.

She put on a short rose- colored dress with a golden ceinture on the waist and some pearls on the shoulder area, her hair was put in a nice high ponytail with 2 curled strands loose in the front, a pair of flats and some gloss. At that moment, the door bell rang, she took one last glance in the mirror before she went down to open the door.

Adrien was standing at the doorway. "Hey Marinette" Adrien was stunned and he was sure his eyes showed it all, Marinette looked great that he couldn't remove his eyes off of her, he was sure her date will have the same reaction, because if not he would surely make sure to tell her that he wasn't the one for her "rien-Adrien, earth to Adrien" Marinette waved her hand in front of his eyes until he snapped out of it "oh m-mari you look great"

Marinette blushed "Thankyou Adrien, I need to go now but I'll be back by eight. Hugo is watching tv, and I cannot thank you enough for helping me out" Marinette wore her coat and grabbed her bag along " call me if anything happens, okay?" Adrien waved as Marinette got in the elevator "Sure Marinette, have a great time".

She arrived at the restaurant Alya told her about quickly, it was weird that she'd be meeting with someone she doesn't know but it wasn't like it was easy to escape Alya.

She went in and looked at the different people sitting around until she spotted the person sitting alone on a table for two, Alya has sent her a picture of him beforehand but she had to admit he did look better in person.

"Hi, Maxon right?" The boy looked up from his phone then immediately stood up "Hey Marinette, Alya told me a lot about you but she never told me you were this pretty.", A flatterer from the beginning. They sat back at the table. He looked nice, light brown hair with honey colored eyes.

He was tall and fit, she would give him an 8/10 for appearance. Maybe this won't be bad after all she thought. The waitress came and handed out two menus. He had already drunk two glasses of wine beforehand judging by the two empty glasses on the table.

He was cute, but Marinette already knew when she looked up his social media accounts that he was way out of her league. He was a famous businessman who would probably only date famous or rich girls. She didn't qualify for both, she was only a single mom about to get evicted from her house.

"So, Marinette, Alya tells me you're interested in becoming a fashion designer?" "I've always dreamed of becoming a fashion designer. Gabriel Agreste is one that I look up to since I was young. "

He leaned further on the table. "You sure are an amazing beautiful woman, Marinette." She blushed lightly. "Thankyou." He leaned back in his seat "What are your parents like?" Marinette sighed happily.

"Well my parents are both bakers so I spent most of my life helping them with orders. They are very supportive and understanding, but Hugo is what truly inspires me to move forward."

"Hugo?" asked Maxon. "Aw nice brother-sister bond." He the wine glass to his lips to drink. "No, actually, Hugo is my son." That's when he choked on his wine, "I'm sorry, did I hear right?" Marinette knew this was an 'oh no' moment.

"Yes, you heard well. He is my son." Maxon stared her up and down. Marinette looked away uncomfortable. "You can't be more than 23. Are you married?"

Was this guy dumb? Why would she be out on a date if she was married? Did he think of her as the cheater type?

Marinette looked down at her hands "no I'm not, I had him at a young age". "How old?" She avoided his gaze fidgeting with the table cloth, anything to keep her gaze away from him "Seventeen".

I Want You to be Mineजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें