• 25 •

Hey. I know you probably want to throw something at me for delaying the update for so long and I won't mind because I deserve it. I had planned to post it yesterday but got too busy pawriing ;)

Back with a long update this time.

Happy Reading :)

______________________________________________

Life is like a ship and we are the captain. The steer of navigating it to the desired path is in our hands irrespective of the numerous circumstances thrown into our path, no matter how drastic they are. Some people are vectored to the path with ruthless and rippling waves while some to the steady flows. Nonetheless, sailing solely depends on the wind. One simple blow and before you know, the ship gets turned in a direction you are totally clueless about.

Naina's life was nearly analogous to the same principle. She had endured many harsh tides in her past but never let her resolve break. Ever since she had left her home to begin a new life of her own in a city unbeknownst to her, it had ultimately been ushered to a monotonous pace.

Her only intent was to live peacefully and accomplish her dreams but couldn't find any way to attain them. There was no hope left for having happiness, respect, or care. It had become her new normal until she met Sameer. Just as what his name meant, he was the 'Hawa ka Jhonka' who changed it altogether, giving her tedious life a new direction unknowingly.

Their relationship had been very complicated since the beginning. Fate brought them together and the circumstances following after had made them accept the reality. It made them agree on working on it together and handle the situation sensibly. Eventually, they had befriended each other and now, they both cared for each other. In this wholesome journey, his genteel persona formulated a new set of feelings that were totally unnatural for her.

There was a distinct sort of excitement bubbling inside but at the same time, she was apprehensive to take a step further, to acknowledge whatever was happening with her. She needed time to figure it out. Why? Because, beneath what looks like a garden full of blooming roses, the thorns are often missed and she knew it well.

On top of it, she had her internship commencing two days later. She had to get herself readied for it too. For now, she had another thing in her hands to deal with. Smriti had dragged her to a nearby mall post office hours as they both had finished their work much earlier. She had her flight to Bangalore scheduled in the afternoon the next day.

Apparently, she wanted to get herself groomed before meeting Pandit as this time, she would be spending time with him properly. Naina was somewhere concerned about Smriti given that she hadn't provided any prior information to him. When she had told her about the internship, her reaction was full of shock, as Naina had expected but had later wished her loads of luck.

"Sab kuch karwana hai. Itne din baad Pandit se milungi, aisi darawni shakal dekhke kahin khud hi pehchanne se mana na karde." She remarked as they headed towards the salon. Naina chuckled and shook her head.

"Smriti, isme itna pareshan hone ki kya baat hai...I am sure Pandit ko fark bhi nahi padega...woh toh sirf tumhe wahan dekhke hi khush ho jaayega." She said.

"I know Naina. Main yeh sirf Pandit ko dikhane ke liye nahi kar rahi hun. Usse milna mere liye bahut special hai. Toh iss special occasion ke liye special efforts toh bante hi hain." She paused for a brief second before continuing, "Tumhe pata hai na, ladke apni partners ko kaafi notice karte hain but kabhi dikhate nahi hai, humare looks, dressing style, hairstyle, makeup sab kuch. Unki bhi preferences hoti hain humare liye. Bas isiliye thoda bahut main bhi karna chahti hu. I hope usey acha lagega..." She gave a smile.