• Prologue •

"Sameer, Meri aakhri khwahish yahi hai ki tu Naina se shaadi karle."

Sameer couldn't speak a word for a minute or two. His Nanu's life was at stake. He was taking his last breaths. The whole situation was messed up. He didn't want to lose his Nanu who was his everything. If this was a bad dream, then he wanted to wake up. He has always been there whenever Sameer needed him. Sometimes as a mother, sometimes as a father and sometimes as his friend. He never really asked for anything in return and now, when he asked for something, Sameer found himself in an arduous situation. It wasn't like he didn't want to comply with his Nanu's wishes but he can't just marry a girl whom he has barely known as an employee in his company.
He stared at Naina who was standing at the opposite side with teary eyes. He couldn't understand why Nanu wanted him to marry Naina all of a sudden. Why only her? Why not any other girl? Why not someone who matches his status? It's not like he had a problem with her being middle-class. He never judged a person on a money basis. His mind was flooding with a million questions.

Naina on the other hand was too confused to say anything.

Hesitating a little Sameer said, "P-par Nanu...m-main k-kaise...".
"Beta, maine tujhse kabhi kuch nahi maanga kyunki tune humesha meri ichha mere bina kahe puri ki. Par yeh ek sapna hai jise main pura hote huye dekhna chahta hu." Nanu kept his shivering hand on Sameer's and he immediately took his hand between his palms. He looked at both of them before continuing, "M-main chahtu hu tera bhi ghar base. Tujhe bhi teri jeevansathi mile aur Mujhe yakeen hai ki tum dono Ek dusre ke liye bilkul sahi ho. Bolo, karoge na Mera yeh aakhri Sapna pura?" Nanu's teary eyes glanced at both of them with hope.

Sameer sighed before glancing once at Naina and said, "Ji Nanu, jaisa aap chahte hai waisa hi hoga. Agar aap chahte hai ki hum dono ki Shaadi ho to hum karenge. Hum aapki yeh ichha zarur puri karenge." His voice cracking a bit in the end.

Naina was still in a daze contemplating whatever that was happening in front of her. Her life was going to take a three-sixty degree turn. Never in a million dreams had she imagined this.

Nanu took Naina's hand and kept it on Sameer's palm. They both looked each at other.
Their minds had many questions. They didn't know what the future held for them. But they knew that their lives were never going to be like before.

Hope you guys liked it. Do share your views in the comments section.
I will start giving updates soon.
Just need your wishes & support and maybe votes too ;)

Love Sim❣