• 16 •

The dance floor gradually began to fill with more couples, but two souls were still cherishing the tranquil ambience draping them. Their bodies moved in their own accord like they were cast in some kind of a spell. To everyone witnessing them, they had set high couple goals effortlessly. The photographers not wanting to miss the opportunity captured them from every angle possible. They were already being in talks ever since they had entered the hall and this dance had added more to the buzz.

They didn't know how long they had danced, but their eyes didn't break the contact until they heard a loud thunder of claps and hooting. That brought them back to reality. Sameer immediately backed off keeping distance between them while Naina's cheeks flushed from being the centre of attention. Both of them looked anywhere but each other and just passed a smile towards the guests who looked them in adoration.

Even Kabir was confused by their actions. From what he had discerned from Sameer's words, they surely weren't in love. So what was it? He was even more curious to know about the entire thing and decided to meet him the next day.

They both made their way towards the table where Kabir and Anika were sitting, waiting for them to come since the buffet was now open for the dinner. As soon s they came near the table, Anika remarked, "Aa gaye aap dono. Kitne pyaare lagte hain aap dono sach mein. Nazar na lage kisi ki bhi."
They both just managed to pass a smile along with mumbling soft 'thankyous' to them.

Naina had gelled up pretty well with Anika. When they had left their husbands' side earlier to take a stroll around, Anika had begun the conversation by commenting on husbands forgetting their wives in front of their best friends to which Naina had giggled. She had made her meet a few ladies in her knowing who had wholeheartedly welcomed Naina's presence.

The two had then gone towards the starters' section to explore the various elegant dishes. From soups and salads to Masala Tikkis and Kebabs, from dainty finger foods to crunchy croquettes, the mouth-watering platters had grabbed everyone's attention. Many were new to Naina but Anika was there with her to recommend the best ones. They had shared their likes and dislikes which assisted in rapport formation between them. Both were savouring some crispy Paneer Cheese balls when Mr Mathur had asked for everyone's attention.

All four of them made their way towards the buffet. Anika was chatting with Naina, "Mujhe toh inn badi badi parties mein bilkul mazaa nahi aata. Sab dikhawa hi karte rehte hain. You just cannot be yourself."

Belonging to a Bengali middle-class family, she was a physician by profession and believed in simple living. Naina was satisfied to have found a good company, "Fir toh aapke aur mere khayalat bilkul ek jaise hain."

"Please mujhe 'aap' kehke mat bulaiye, its too formal. Aur humare husbands friends hain toh hum bhi huye na?" Saying this she flicked her brows. Naina passed a smile and nodded.

Kabir who was walking behind them commented, "Haan haan, ab mujhe toh bhul hi jaaogi na tum." Both the ladies giggled looking at each other. The three of them moved forward with Sameer trailing behind them. He was busy checking a file in his phone when a girl about the same age as Naina appeared out of nowhere and stood in front of him, breaking his trance. She was dressed in an emerald green evening gown with her hair styled perfectly in a high bun.

"Hi, Sameer!" Her enthusiasm was evident in her shrill voice. "Uh...Hi Mia." Sameer said in a plain voice, not wanting to show any sort of interest. The party was going on a fine note for him and the last thing he wanted was to come across the only person who was standing right in front of him.

Noticing that Sameer wasn't with them, Naina turned around and found Sameer standing with a girl. She couldn't recognise who it was as her back was facing towards Naina. Kabir came towards her and following her line of vision, said, "Oh god. Gaya yeh toh kaam se."