• 26 •

Hello, I hope you remember me. *chuckles nervously*

No, this is not a draft posted by some silly mistake like the other times. IT IS AN ACTUAL UPDATE.

First of all, I know even a hundred apologies are not enough for just disappearing randomly, not replying to your messages and delaying the update for so long. So, here I am with a very long one that intends to make you happy.

Go on...

P.s.- Kindly ignore the typos (if any). Might have overlooked them.

_________________________________________________

Naina laid on the bed with her eyes and head burning due to fever. She was struggling to open her eyes properly when she saw a blurry image of someone and heard a familiar voice.

"Hey bhagwan...kya kare hum...iska sahi hai...beemar padke let jaati hai...itna kharcha aur ho jata hai bina matlab ka..." The woman said in a disgusted voice.

'Mummy?' Naina didn't know how she came here. Her mind was puzzled when she heard another voice.

"Dheere bolo...Sun legi." The man beside her said.

"Toh sunne de na...yeh toh chali jaayegi ek din...tab bhi humein hi dena hai...yeh kounsa kuch laayegi humare liye..." She said to her husband who nodded.

Naina didn't know what was happening. They were looking at her with loath in their eyes.

"Sahi keh rahi ho...isse acha toh beta hi hota ek...kuch lata toh humara liye kam se kam...pata nahi kounsi ghadi mein paida kiya tumne isey..." Tears were brimming in her eyes as she saw her own father saying such nasty things about her. Why did she have to born into this family? In this world?

Just then, her surroundings began to fade away taking her mother and father. She wanted to call them back to say that she was their own child, to say not to hate her but she found her limbs frozen. The next second, she felt the warmth of someone's hand on her cheek. She saw the familiar pair of eyes staring right down at hers with a warm smile on his face.

"Sameer?" His name came out as a whisper.

He softly ran the pad of this thumb over her cheekbones making her delve deeper into the warmth emanating from his touch.

"Main hun Naina. Sab thik hai." He said in a low gentle voice.

A sudden wave of fulfillment passed through her and with that, her eyes closed before she fell into a deep slumber.

Naina still remembered that dream which she had seen two days ago. The next morning she had woken up to find herself in the same room where she had slept. Her hand had involuntarily reached to her left cheek where he had caressed her in that dream. It had felt so real that she could feel the warmth lingering on her skin. But then, her mind began to register what she saw.

Her parents. They used to treat her as a liability even when she used to fall ill. Being physically weak, she never noticed it at that time. But they weren't here now. She was with Sameer, her husband whom she didn't know if she ever deserved. He had taken care of her by being by her side. She couldn't ask for anything else. This was enough.

The whistling of the pressure cooker brought her out from her stupor. She instantly turned the knob of the gas to simmer the flame before going back to prepare for other things for breakfast.

An hour later, Sameer came rushing downstairs buttoning up his sleeves, his blazer hanging on his arm. Taking his seat on the dining table, his gaze fell on her chuckling at something said by Ramdhari, unfazed by his arrival. His brows creased as he saw her so engrossed without acknowledging his presence.