• 2 •

As they were descending down the stairs, Nanaji asked Sameer, "Sameer, office mein sab kaisa chal raha hai?"

Sameer answered, "Sab accha hai Nanu. Sara kaam bilkul badhiya chal raha hai. Hume woh contract bhi mil gaya hai jiske liye itne time se baat ho rahi thi."

Nanaji replied, "Chalo accha hai. Koi bhi problem ho toh bata dena." Sameer smiled, "Don't worry Nanu. I'll take care of it."

They both made their way towards the dining table where Ramdhari was serving the breakfast. As they both settled on their chairs, Sameer took a look at the dishes, "Arey waah! Aloo ke paranthe...Kya baat hai Ramdhari...Kuch special hai kya aaj?"

Ramdhari calmly said, "Nahi Sameer baba, aisa nahi hai. Humne socha kafi din ho gaye hai....toh...isliye..."

Sameer chuckled, "Kafi accha socha tune." Nanaji giggled, "Chal Ramdhari mere liye bhi bana de Kuch."

Ramdhari was going to the kitchen to bring the porridge he had made for him when Sameer interrupted, "Ramdhari sun, ek kaam kar Nanaji ke liye kam ghee aur mirch ke paranthe bana de."

Ramdhari asked, "Bhaiya par aapne hi toh mana kiya tha...fir aaj kyun?"

Sameer replied, "Kabhi kabhi ke liye koi baat nahi. Jaa ab jaldi le aa."

Nanaji was surprised, "Aaj kaise mann badal gaya apka barkhurdar? Mujhe nahi pata tha ke aloo ke paranthe dekhke tu itna khush ho jayega..."

Sameer laughed, "Nahi nahi Nanu...parantho ke wajah se nahi. Maine socha kabhi kabhi ke liye itna toh chalta hai. But, roz roz nahi."

Nanaji smiled and blessed him by keeping his hand on Sameer's head and ordered Ramdhari to bring the paranthe quickly.

Breakfast went well and Sameer returned to his room to get ready for office. He had decided to stay at home and spend time with Nanu but the immediate call for the meeting didn't let him. He wore an icy blue shirt with Prussian blue pants along with matching tie. He wore his branded Armani wristwatch and combed his hair neatly. After wearing his shoes, he grabbed his coat, office bag and his phone and went downstairs.

He took Nanu's blessings and made his way outside not before instructing Ramdhari about Nanu's food and medicines. This was his daily habit. He went outside towards his car where his driver was waiting for him. He sat in the car and finally proceeded towards his office.

On the other hand, in another part of the city, a girl has woken up from her sleep. She got up from the bed, went to the washroom to freshen up and made her way towards the kitchen where her maid was cooking the breakfast.

"Good morning Shaila Chachi, aaj jaldi aa gaye aap?" Naina asked while making a cup of tea for herself.

Shaila Chachi replied, "Madam ji, hum nahi aap aaj late uthi hain. Raat ko der se soyi thi?"

Naina answered, "Haan...woh raat ko thoda kaam zyada tha. Naya contract sign kiya hai na company ne, isiliye."

Shaila Chachi said, "Apni tabiyat ka bhi dhyan rakha karo tum, kitna kaam karti rehti ho. Itni kamzor ho chuki ho..."

Naina slightly smiled at her concern, "Aap tension mat lo, main bilkul thik hun."

She took her teacup and went to the living room. She lived in an ordinary flat. It might be small, but for her, it was enough since she was the only one living there. Shaila Chachi used to come for doing the daily chores since Naina was mostly busy doing her office work most of the time. Even though she was a house-helper, Naina never treated her as one.