•19 II•

Inside the cabin, Naina was feeling a bit distracted from her work. Her mind was going back to Sameer again and again after last night. He had consoled her by saying that she was strong enough to deal with her problems but what about him? After watching him on the balcony, she was sure he was still struggling inside. But suppressing it under the smoke of the cigarette won't be doing any good. She needed to take a step. She just couldn't sit and watch him destroy himself. Maybe she could take help from Pandit after all he knew better about him.

Her reverie broke when she saw Smriti entering inside her cabin, smiling to herself. She walked and sat on one of the chairs opposite Naina, still smiling. Naina sensed something weird and called her name bringing her back from whatever dreamland she was in, "Kahan khoyi hui ho?"

The smile turned into a full-fledged grin as she said, "Oh god Nainaaaa...main kya bataun...lagta hai Waahe Guruji ne meri sunli...Haayeee...itna handsome tha na woh..." She sighed in contentment.
Seeing her friend in this state, she asked, "Koun?"

"Arey aaj main kisi se takra gayi thi. Woh dusri taraf se aa rha tha. Hum mein se kisi ne nahi dekha aur jaisa movies mein hota hai na, by god, bilkul waisa scene bann gaya. Uska mujhe girne se bachana, ankhon se ankhon ka milna, ek dusre mein kho jana. Mujhe toh samajh hi ni aya sapna hai ya haqiqat. Mere sapno ka rajkumar..." She clapped her hand shut sighing dreamily, her eyes twinkling.

Naina chuckled slightly. The way Smriti described the whole scene swiveled her mind back to when she had shared a similar moment with Sameer in the conference room that day. It was the first time they had been so close in proximity. The sensations she had felt then returned back, only this time they were stronger than before, as if she was reliving that moment. Her back pressed against his muscular front, the sudden rise in temperature of the air engulfing them, his warm calloused fingers gripping her arms firmly, his face close to hers. Her insides tingled as she found herself reminiscing more such moments. Smriti's waving hand in front of her eyes brought her out of daze, "Lagta hai Mrs. Maheshwari Mr. Maheshwari ke khayalo mein kho gayi, hai na? Yaar tum dono kitne sahi ho..." She hauled the last word while Naina's face flushed.

"Waise tumhe lucky feel hota hoga na. Tum Mrs Naina Sameer Maheshwari ho, the Maheshwaris ke iklaute waaris ki wife. Naam mein hi itni jaan hai. Batao na, kaisa lagta hai tumko?" She asked in a chirpy voice visibly looking excited. Naina didn't how to answer as she had never really thought about it. She had never been accustomed to so much attention and authority, "Nahi aise alag se kuch special nahi lagta. Main yahan par ek Financial Accountant banke aayi thi. Sirf surname change hone par meri post change nahi hogi. Main ab bhi wahi hun." She said calmly.

Smriti was impressed, "Tumhare thoughts kitne ache hain yaar. Itni samajhdar ho tum. I guess mujhe alag se jaanne ki zarurat nahi hai ki Sameer sir kyu tumhe pasand karte hain. Aur ek main...pata nahi mujhe kaisa milega. Aaj pehli baar kisi ladke ke liye strong sa feel ho raha hai. Agar woh firse kisi tarah mil jaaye na, I am not going to leave that chance. Kiss kar dena hai maine usse wahin pe aur fir-"

"Bas bas bas...aage ka agar tum mann mein socho toh better nahi hai?" Naina said in amusement.

Smriti smirked again, "Kyunnn? Fir se yaad aa gayi kya apne "unn" ki? Comeon yaar...don't pretend like you haven't done it." She raised her eyebrows before continuing, "Main toh yahi sochti hun, jab tum lunch karne jaati ho unke cabin mein, tab lunch hi hota hai yaaaaa kuch aur..." Wiggling her eyebrows, she said passing a wink towards Naina who was now feeling uncomfortable and embarrassed thinking how Smriti could talk about it so openly. Smriti had always been a bold and straightforward person. She had never been the one to shy away from talking about kisses and other stuff, but for Naina, they were a whole lot of deal, and that too when she was being linked with Sameer. They hadn't even held hands properly. The ones in the past had been out of formality to put a show to others.