• 11 •

Hey readers❣

Hope you all are doing well. This update is the longest one till now. I really hope you like it.

Happy Reading :)

___________________________________________

It was a normal busy morning in Maheshwari Industries. The conference room was being set up for the meeting to be held in the afternoon. A popular fashion brand had approached with a new proposal which could increase the odds of the company to earn a great profit if it would meet all of their requirements efficiently. Sameer didn't want to lose this opportunity at any cost. This is why he had decided to take care of all the arrangements by himself, checking on each and everything thoroughly.

Right now, he was reviewing the presentation for the last time. Not wanting to let anything go wrong, he had himself prepared the presentation the previous day dedicating hours to it. Saving the presentation, he shut his laptop down and came out of his cabin. He went inside the conference room and found Aarav testing the tabletop mics to check if they were working properly or not. There wasn't anyone else present in the room except for him.

Sameer asked, "All good, Aarav?"
Aarav nodded, "Yes sir. I have checked everything totally. Bas woh refreshments ka confirm karna reh gaya hai. I was just going there only."
Sameer replied, "Ok. Koi bhi problem ho, inform me and we would also need our company's brochure here. Take care of that too."
Aarav nodded in affirmation and left the room.

After a minute, Naina entered the room while Sameer was examining a file. He glanced at her for a sec, noticing her walking towards his direction and kept himself busy with the file. None of them attempted to make a conversation, avoiding each other to the fullest.

She was putting the file which she had been holding on the table when suddenly, a pen fell on the floor from the file. She picked it up and raised herself stepping back when all of a sudden, her right foot impinged against the leg of a chair, causing her to fall back towards Sameer. It all happened together. His arms immediately wrapped around her sides holding her figure firmly to prevent her from falling. Her eyes closed instinctively and her breathing became abrupt out of fear.

Gradually, she opened her eyes and found a pair of dark browns eyes boring into hers. Their gazes locked. The time went still.
Their faces were a bit close. Closer enough to increase their heartbeats. The surroundings seemed faded owing to the intensity of just a simple eye lock. It felt good. Both of them were lost in oblivion, unaware of the fact that someone was witnessing this scene without their knowledge.

The sounds of footsteps and voices outside the door brought them out of a daze. He made her stand properly, averting his gaze from hers. Naina tucked some strands of hair behind her ear while he slid his hands on his coat. Just before the moment could get any more awkward, she cleared her throat and darted out of the room while he just stood there taking a deep breath to calm the tiny fluttering in his heart.

His mind went back to his conversation with Munna and Pandit the previous day.

The boys had planned to have a video chat since it had been a long time they had a proper talk. They really missed each other a lot. They talked about how they are slowly trying to adapt to the new environment, the challenges they are facing, how much they were missing each other, and every other thing.

While conversing, Pandit asked he's planning to reveal their marriage publicly, to which Sameer made up an excuse of how much important this contract is for them and he didn't want to put it on stake.

Pandit got worried, "Par bhai, kabhi na kabhi toh baat saamne aani hi hai na... Kisi aur tarah se sabko pata chale isse better hai tu khud hi bata de sabko..."