• 15 •

Trust me, I had planned to give this update yesterday, but my professor chose to give an assignment out of nowhere which required to be submitted by today only.

Okay, enough of my ranting.
Three years ago, I got introduced to two characters which I didn't even expect would become an integral part of my life. 'Blooming Hearts' wouldn't have been possible without them. So, Happy 3rd Anniversary YUDKBH!

Congratulations guys, we turned 3!❤

Without wasting time, let's move to the update. Happy reading :)

_____________________________________________

Naina came back to her cabin, only to find Smriti sitting on one of the chairs opposite hers. Smriti turned when she heard the door shut and seeing it was Naina, she passed a cheeky smile in her direction. Anyone could have smelled trouble. Naina gulped being nervous, "Uhh...Hi."

"Hi, Naina. Oh sorry, Mrs Naina Maheshwari. Right?" Not changing her expressions, Smriti replied. Naina fidgeted her hands a little and tried to say, "Smriti mai-"

"Rehne do. Ab bolne ko bacha hi kya hai. Maana mujhe aaye sirf kuchh hi time hua hai par dost toh bann hi gaye the na hum?" Her expression had turned serious before she continued, "Yahi thi tumhari dosti?! Yahi tha tumhara pyaar?!"

Naina had seen this coming. Although it's been a few weeks since she had known her, they had become good friends, but this secret was something she couldn't share with anyone. She opened her mouth to say something but stopped when she processed her words which were laced with a dramatic tone. The next moment, she saw Smriti bursting into laughter by pointing towards her. Naina didn't how to react and just stood watching her.

"Shakal toh dekho apni...oh god...hahahaha..." Smriti giggled.

As she watched her rubbing off the tears due to laughing, Naina said, "Tum naraz nahi ho?"

Smriti chuckled, "Arey bilkul nahi. Bas maze le rahi thi tumhare." Seeing Naina's confused expressions she continued, "Haan bas thoda naraz thi ki tumne mujhe itni badi baat nahi batayi, but it's okay, I understand." Saying this she kept her hand on hers as an assurance, passing her a smile.

Naina smiled, "Thanks. Sab kuchh itni jaldi mein hua kuchh samajh hi nahi aya."
"Arey chhaddo. Chill yaar. Ab jaldi se baitho yahan." She said as she held Naina's shoulders and dragged her towards her seat while Naina looked at her confused.

Sitting back she rubbed her hands in excitement and said enthusiastically "Mujhe sab kuchh shuru se jaanna hai. Aakhir humein bhi toh pata chale tum dono ki love story. Waise tumhara sahi hai, seedha Kohinoor ke Heere pe hi haath maar liya, The Sameer Maheshwari jiske peeche na jaane kitni ladkiyan peeche padi hai. Lucky huh..."

Not knowing how to answer, Naina cleared her throat, "Uhh...kuchh khaas nahi hai waise. Tumhe pata toh hai hi jo humne bola. Ab isse alag aur kya bolu main..." She averted her gaze down to her lap out of nervousness and tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear. Smriti took it just as a sign of shyness and smirked, "Hmm...koi sharma raha hai. Chalo koi baat nahi, mat batao. I just want to congratulate you. Main bohot khush tumhare liye." She gave a heartwarming smile to her while saying the last line. Observing the genuineness in her tone, Naina returned a small smile to her.

"Waise, I am still jealous of you haan. Kaash mujhe bhi mera Kohinoor mil jaye, nahi nahi Kohinoor nahi, woh toh tumne rakh liya hai. Hey bhagwan... Humari naiyya bhi paar lagao..." Naina giggled as she saw her joining her hands, face tilted upwards as she kept blabbering about the Knight-in-shining-armour of her life.