• 23 •

Hola everyone!

Thank you so much for your patience. I am feeling much better now. Finally, your writer is back with an update and as promised, its a long one.

I hope you like it. Also, your inline comments are always welcomed.

Happy reading ;)
______________________________________________

Waking up at his usual time, Sameer took a shower and begun to get dressed up for work. He opted for a light blue shirt and grey pants, pairing them with a dark grey tie and coat. Setting his silky hair in place, he made his way downstairs where Naina might already be waiting for him for the breakfast.

4 months back Sameer Maheshwari would have laughed out loud if he would have been told that he will be marrying someone. He has had his fair share of relationships in the past but none made him take them to a serious level. Neither those girls could change his perception, nor did he let them.

With Naina, he couldn't say anything. It's not like they were dating. They were still on the same page of friendship. Well, he was, but she had begun to experience something unusual. She had begun to smile and laugh more often in his presence.

Sitting at the dinner table, she saw him coming downstairs, his hands busy fixing the knot of his tie. Their deal was still on. Five days had already passed and she hadn't seen a single cigarette in his hand. She felt pleased to see that Sameer had been considerate enough to keep the value of their friendship. But sometimes, a thought used to pop in her mind, Will they always remain friends only?

It wasn't like she was striving for something more. She was more than okay with them being the same since she wasn't ready. But it seemed her heart had developed a mind of its own. It would flutter every time he would be in proximity to her and skip a beat whenever she would catch him smiling. It was all happening involuntarily. She didn't want to go with her heart for she had seen the consequences the last time she had listened to it. Yet, the question mark on their future would often leave her in deep thought.

"Good morning Naina." He greeted while taking his seat.

"Good morning." She smiled.

Ramdhari came with a casserole in his hands, "Namaste bhaiya."

"Namaste..." Sameer replied and continued before he could return to kitchen, "Sun, Tune aajkal kapde dhone ke liye koi naya detergent wagarah use karna start kar diya hai kya? Kafi soft rehte hain aur ab toh pehle ki tarah color fade bhi nahi hota..."

"Bhaiya, humein na Bhabhi ne samajhaya ki alag alag tarah ke kapde ke liye alag tareeka hota hai. Toh humne ab usi hisaab se unhe dhona shuru kar diya hai." Ramdhari told him and returned to the kitchen.

Sameer passed an appreciative smile towards Naina who just looked down in shyness and proceeded to pick the serving spoon. Her hand moved in its direction. At the same moment, his hand too reached for it, making their hands touch. The contact sent an electric current ran through their skins. She retreated her hand, him following the same pursing his lips. Leaving the spoon, he reached to lift the lid of the casserole. This time, she copied his actions making their hands collided again. Her fingers rested leisurely on his. They both instantly pulled them back.

Their gazes met and he began to chuckle at their absurdities.

"Tum serve kardo." He said gently to her.

She nodded and proceeded to serve the freshly cooked Poha on his plate after asking him to tell the desired quantity. The breakfast went on a good note with Ramdhari as their spectator. Moments like this would always make him thank Nanaji for his thoughtful decision. He had witnessed his Sameer baba's dreary phase when he had been going through his worsts and just prayed to erase all of the anguish buried inside him.