• 1 •

I wasn't sure when to post the first part of the story. But then I thought what better occasion could be there other than Mr Rai's birthday, to begin it;)
Happy reading :)

Mumbai, the city that never sleeps. It is full of dreamers and hard-labourers. Each and every person, from poor to millionaire, carries a dream to be fulfilled; the "City of Dreams" they say. People come here from various parts of the country with the hope of getting their dreams fulfilled.

It was another bright morning in Mumbai. The golden bright rays of the Sun, the heartening sounds of the birds creating different melodies, the soothing gush of the morning breeze were all one needed to call it a perfect morning. An old man was sitting in the patio of a big white mansion, enjoying his morning tea and instructing the gardener to water the plants properly, "Shambhu, achhe se paani laga de sab paudho mein. Itni garmi waise hi hai aaj kal, kahi sukh na jaaye".

"Ji maalik, aap chinta mat kijiye", Shambhu replied instantly.

Jaiprakash Maheshwari was one of those many people who had shifted to Mumbai with a thousand dreams but a few cents in his pockets. This white big mansion, a luxury car, these servants ready to do everything on one command, all were the rewards for his immense dedication and years of hard work. But now, he was living his life with content & peace. Lost in deep thought, his reverie was broken by Ramdhari who brought some sugar-free oatmeal cookies to be eaten with tea.

Nanaji instantly frowned, "Kya Ramdhari, kabhi toh kuch swadisht laya kar. Roz subah yeh feeki chai aur yeh biscuit kha kha kar sara swaad hi bigad gaya hai muh ka."

Ramdhari sighed, "Bade sahab, aap jaante ho na aapki sehat ke liye meetha thik nahi hai. Sameer baba ko pata chalega toh humari naukri jaane mein der nahi lagegi."

Nanaji slightly chuckled, "Uska bas chale toh woh har waqt mere saamne hi betha rahe...." He sighed, "Main jaanta hu usey bahut fikr hai meri. Kitni chinta karta hai. Woh dikhata nahi hai par main sab samajhta hun. Kabhi apni taklife mujhe nahi batata taki main pareshan na ho jaaun."

Seeing his Bade Sahab worried, Ramdhari said, "Aap chinta mat kijiye, aage sab acha hoga. Aap jaldi se nashta kijiye fir aapko dawai bhi leni hai." Nanaji hummed and unwillingly munched those sugar-free biscuits.

Unaware of all this, a man was sleeping in his room. That man was none other than Sameer Maheshwari, the CEO of Maheshwari industries and one and only grandson of Jaiprakash Maheshwari. He had a well-built physique, handsome features, and a magnetic personality. He was a dream of every girl, but he didn't have time for all this. His work was his life, which had resulted in gaining him the name and fame he had today. His alarm buzzed breaking his sleep. He yawned, rubbed his eyes and turned to check the time, 8 a.m.

He was a bit late today than his usual waking time, all thanks to their recent contract whose details he had to study the previous night. He never took his work casually, each and every minute thing mattered to him. He got up and stretched his arms, flexing his broad muscles. He went to the bathroom and came back after doing his morning business. He was busy doing his morning workout when his phone buzzed. He checked the text sent by Manoj, his best friend cum colleague, asking him to send the details of the contract. He picked up his laptop, sat in the couch and got busied in his work.

Nanaji came upstairs to check on his grandson. He came in front of his room. The door was open due to which he saw him busy in his work. He knocked slightly catching his attention.

Sameer smiled seeing his Nanu, "Arey Nanu aap...." He kept his laptop aside and got up to touch his feet. "Good morning Nanu!"

Nanaji gave him a heartwarming smile and blessed him, "Humesha khush raho aur aise hi mera naam raushan karo, Mr. CEO sahab."

Sameer chuckled, "Kya nanu....aap bhi na. Acha yeh bataiye aapne apni medicines leli na?" They both settled on the couch. "Haanji beta leli mene dawai...."

Nanu saw Sameer doing his work with utmost dedication and his heart swelled up with pride. "Sameer ko aise kaam karte huye dekhke kitna garv mehsoos hota hai. Kitna bada ho gaya hai mera baccha. Itni uchaiyan chhu raha hai. Hasna khelna toh jaise kahi bhul hi gaya hai...."

Seeing his Nanu lost in some deep thought, Sameer asked, "Kya soch rahe hain aap Nanu?"

Nanu's reverie broke and he answered smiling, "Kuch nahi beta. Bas tujhe dekhta hu toh bahut garv mehsoos hota hai. Kaise tune apne dam par humari company ko itne top pe pahuchaya. I am proud of you."

Sameer smiled, "Mene kuch special nahi kiya hai Nanu. Jo bhi kiya aapse hi sikhke kiya hai."

Nanu replied, "Oh ho, kabhi toh khud ko credit de. Humesha yahi bol deta hai." Sameer giggled.

Nanu turned a little serious, "Sameer, ab teri umar kafi ho gayi hai. Ab waqt hai khud ke baare mein bhi soch. Main chahta hu tera bhi ghar basey. Tujhe bhi teri jeevansathi mile. Itna busy kar liya hai tune khudko office ke kaamo mein, par kab tak yeh sab chalega beta?" He kept a hand on his shoulder and said playfully, "Jaldi sochle warna mera bharosa nahi hai, pata nahi kab tak hu main tere sath..."

Sameer instantly frowned, "Nanu aap fir wahi baat kar rahe hai. Maine aapse kaha tha na inn sab maamlo mein mujhe mazak pasand nahi hai. Aap bilkul thik hain aur kahi nahi jaa rahe hai. Rahi baat shaadi ki toh uske baare mein baad mein sochenge."

Nanu chuckled seeing his grandson worrying about him, "Acha baba thik hai. Nahi bolunga firse. Par kab tak tu iss baat ko taalega?"

Sameer said, "Woh sab baad mein dekhenge. Abhi aap jaldi se niche chaliye, mujhe bahut tez bhukh lagi hai. I hope aaj toh Ramdhari ne kuch accha banaya ho."

Nanu replied, "Haan bhayi, saara tasty khana khaye tu. Mujhe toh bas beemaron ka khana hi milta hai."

Sameer sighed and held his hands, "Nanuuuu....aap beemar nahi ho. Healthy rehne ke liye healthy diet important hai na. Jitni jaldi thik honge utna accha hai na. Aap bache nahi ho ab."

Nanu slightly slapped his head, "Kabhi kabhi lagta hai main tera Nanu nahi, tu mera Nanu hai."

Sameer rubbed his head and said, "Agar aapki health thik rakhne ke liye mujhe aapke Nanu ka role play karna pade toh mujhe koi problem nahi hai. Isi bahane dhyan toh rakhoge aap khud ka. Dekha tha kal maine, kaise aap Ramdhari ko apne halwe mein chini milane ko keh rahe the."

Nanu being caught in the act just laughed hesitantly. Sameer smiled and said, "Apna dhyan rakha kariye Nanu. I love you a lot."

Nanu gave a heart-warming smile and hugged him, "I love you too beta."
Both of them went downstairs together.

Phewww...Finally I wrote it. Hope you all will like it. Please support and Vote guyssss.

Lots Of Love, Sim❣