• 21 •

Please imagine me screaming this, WE ARE A FAMILY OF 100!!!❤
Can't thank you people enough for taking my followers to 100 when I am 0 in regularity...hehe.
I am done with the practicals so got some spare time to write this. It was supposed to be posted yesterday but anyways, it's here.

Happy reading :)
______________________________________________

The golden ball emerged ever so slowly from under the clouds shading the off-white walls of the mansion golden yellow, simultaneously glistening the glassy windows as the golden rays cast on them.

The twittering of the little birds pulled out people from their deep slumbers to get back to their routines. Ramdhari had come on his usual time and busied himself in doing his chores. Unfazed by the outer world, Sameer dozed soundly relishing his cozy and comfy mattresses. His one arm spread out while the other one kept on his chest. The light peeping in through the curtains illuminated the room.

Taking a deep breath, he ran a hand on his face before lazily turning to his side, his eyes still closed. The next minute his lips automatically curved up in a small smile as the sound of a soft, angelic voice chanting the prayers harmonized with the chiming bell fell in his ears. Naina. He opened his eyes and stretched his arms up. Getting up from the bed, he ran his fingers through his silky hair.

Putting on his flip flops, he made his way towards the bathroom to do his morning business. Coming out, he made his way outside the room. The minute he opened the door, he was met by a serene and pure ambiance. He stepped down the stairs and made his way towards the temple.

His eyes twinkled in fondness as he took in the sight in front of him. Naina was sitting with her knees folded on a mat, her palms joined together, eyes closed, lips curled slightly up. She sat completely oblivious to her surroundings as if she was in some sort of a trance.

Ramdhari came towards Sameer who stood there with his in the pockets of track pants, watching her. Just then, Naina opened her eyes and bent down to take the blessings. Sensing their presence, she looked towards them and passed a small smile before picking up the Thaali kept in front of the idol.

A diya lit in the middle, some marigold flowers put around it along with a small bowl carrying a small amount of sugar as Prasaad. She touched her forehead at its edge after standing up in her place. Walking forward she reached in front of them with a smile lingering on her face.

"Good morning." She greeted while forwarding the Thaali towards Sameer. He hovered his hands over the flame and ran them over his head as a gesture to take blessings closing his eyes for a moment. Opening them, he smiled, "Good morning."

Naina put some sugar in his right hand and turned towards Ramdhari who repeated the same.

"Sach batayein Bhabhi, subah subah iss shaant mahaul mein kaam karke bohot acha lagta hai. Sab aapki wajah se." Ramdhari remarked to which she replied, "Din ki shuruat hi agar achhe aur shaant bhaavon se kari jaaye toh din zaroor acha jata hai." Ramdhari nodded in agreement. 

Sameer revived the conversation which had taken place a couple of nights ago. Ever since then, this had been an everyday morning scenario in the house.

Sameer was loosening up in the balcony after a much tiring day. All he wanted was a cup of strong black coffee to rejuvenate himself. As if to fulfil his unspoken wish, Naina had brought his black coffee along with a cup of tea for herself planning to have it in her room while working. However, this couldn't happen when he casually asked her to sit. The conversation led to them reminiscing some ventures of Nanu. She told him about their conversations when she used to meet him every Thursday in the temple.