• 17 •

After the wholesome conversation, they had returned back to their respective rooms with preoccupied minds. It was going to be a fresh start for both of them. Till now, their actions were just ambling without any objective. This pact of enhancing communication between them would be providing a new direction to their relationship but it was still not known where it would take them.

Sameer was thinking about how Naina had sensibly understood whatever he had meant to convey to her. For a moment he had expected her to be mad at him for his unjust behavior, but she was not, much to his surprise. Rather, she had dealt with the situation rationally. He recalled Kabir's words when he had told him how those ladies at the party had addressed her as a low-standard and a gold-digger, indirectly.

His mind went back in time when he had lost his Nanu. Being shattered, his body and brain had been too numb to notice anything around him, including Naina. But Munna-Pandit had told him how she had quietly adjusted here without any complaint. She had been very thoughtful and generous about their critical times as she had also lent her hand in the official work when they weren't there. If she had to be after his money, she would have definitely taken an advantage of his vulnerable state, but she didn't. As far as he knew, she shared a very special bond with Nanaji which he wished to know about but let it be since he didn't want to sound clingy.

On the other side, Naina was, again and again, rewinding the whole conversation in her mind. He had apologized to her about his actions, though he wasn't really at fault. He had said those things out of frustration which she understood. He was right when he had said that they could possibly not right for each other. Even if Nanaji had fixed this alliance, it didn't necessarily mean that they would be happy with each other. He had been raised and brought up well by Nanaji which was very much evident. Apparently, she had never seen him behaving harshly or cruelly with someone or mistreating others unnecessarily.

Despite belonging to such a reputed family, one couldn't raise a finger on his values. Yesterday too, it didn't take him a minute full to reach by her side when Mrs. Mathur had pulled out that hideous stunt. He hadn't said anything but was there to comfort her, hold her when her mind had gone entirely blank, which had sufficed to provide her much needed endurance. She could still feel the warmth of his hands around her which had acted as a shield to protect her from those piercing gazes of people. And today, he had even apologized for not doing enough. Still, she just couldn't draw conclusions about him after only an incident or too. That's why she had agreed to him for knowing about each other.

Both of them called it a day with only one thing in their minds, they were ready to do this.

The next morning, Ramdhari was almost done with breakfast when Naina entered the dining area, simply attired in a beige colored cotton Saree, hair half pinned up.

"Good morning Bhabhi!" Ramdhari said gleaming towards her.

"Good morning Bhaiya..." She said passing a warm smile. "Kuch help karu main aapki?" She asked opening the lid of the vessel containing freshly cooked Poha, and checked on it.

Ramdhari replied, "Nahi nahi Bhabhi. Humne saara kaam kar liya hai. Aap bas naashte ke liye baith jaaiye."

As usual, she had woken up assuming Sameer had already left for work but looked like she had mistaken it today as she saw him descending the stairs buttoning up the sleeves of his Solid Grey shirt. He had paired it up black trousers, his black blazer hung on his arm.

As he stepped towards the dining area, his eyes met with Naina's curious ones. Pulling out a chair for himself, he laid his blazer on the back of it and passed a faint smile, "Good morning."

Her eyes widened with surprise, not much to be noticed. "Good morning." She replied softly.

She too pulled out a chair and sat leaving two chairs between them. Ramdhari noticed them, completely shocked to see them both sitting together for the first time. Sameer called out for Ramdhari without taking his eyes off his phone, "Jaldi se black coffee le aa meri."