Chapter 4

Memory Lane

Elena is sat at the Mystic Grill reading a book on her own. Damon vamp speeds over to her and takes a seat next to Elena causing her to jump.

"What do you want?" Elena asks while rolling her eyes.

"So, this is where you spend your time when you're not stabbing people in the back." Damon says looking around before looking back at Elena with a smirk.

"I tricked you into telling me the truth, that's not stabbing you in the back, it's using your own tactics against you." Elena stands up about to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Damon turns and asks Elena.

"I made myself clear, Damon. I want nothing to do with you."

"Okay. See you at Jenna's barbecue." Damon says as he turns back around to face the table.

"How did you know about Jenna's barbecue?" Elena walks back over confused.

"It was my idea. Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood so I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So I told Ric to tell Jenna and..."

Lola vamp speeds over and takes a seat next to Damon, "Actually Damon. It was my idea, not yours. Hello Elena." Lola smiles at Elena.

"Does Jenna know that you're going to be there because she's not exactly a fan of yours." Elena asks Damon.

A waitress walks over and hands Damon a box with peach cobbler in it and then walks away.

"Perfect. Thank you. I'm hoping this peach cobbler will pave the way. Plus, I'm sure she will get on with my baby sister over here." Damon messes up Lola's hair making her groan and roll her eyes.

"What are you up to?" Elena asks Damon.

Damon and Lola stand up facing Elena, "I'm gonna put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove he is a werewolf." Damon then starts to walk away.

"See you at the barbecue, Elena." Lola smiles at Elena trying to be nice and then follows after Damon.

------------------------------

Elena and Jenna are in the kitchen at the Gilbert house and setting everything up for the BBQ.

"Thanks for letting me invite Caroline. She could use a day of distraction." Elena says to Jenna as she is pouring chips into a bowl.

"Well, she's not the plus one I'm worried about. Why is Damon coming?" Jenna asks in an offish tone.

Jenna isn't keen on Damon after she caught him kissing Elena, but it was actually Katherine, long story wait for the movie.

"Because Alaric is a pity taker. Come on Jenna, be nice. He's bringing his younger sister too, I think you'll like her." Elena says.

"I'll be nice when Damon learns to keep his paws off you."

Mason walks into the kitchen holding a bottle of bourbon and some shot glasses. "Good news! I found the shot glasses!"

"That would be my exit." Elena says grabbing the bowl of chips and walking out of the kitchen.

Elena walks into the living room where she sees Damon walk in and Lola is stood in the doorway. Elena invites Lola in and Lola smiles at her and thanks her.

"Hey, Elena. Thank you for letting me come, I mean you didn't have to invite me in so thank you." Lola says trying to make peace between herself and the doppleganer.