Chapter 17

Know Thy Enemy

LOLA POV:

Surprisingly I never had to force myself out of bed today. I got up pretty early, had a shower and I'm already dressed.

It's such a nice day today, I walk over to my balcony and open up the doors, I lean against the railings enjoying the only peace I'm going to get today. Don't ask me how I know but I just have a feeling that today is going to be like a regular day in Mystic Falls; dramatic.

My peace has been interrupted in record time as Stefan and Damon storm into my bedroom. Christ, what have I done now?

I sigh as I have my backs to them, "I thought we all finally learnt how to knock?"

Stefan sighs at my attitude, "We need to talk."

I turn to face both of my brothers and I look at them confused, "What's going on?"

Damon rolls his eyes, "Isobel is here."

"Jenna knows she's alive." Stefan adds.

I look at them both, looking even more confused than I was about 30 seconds ago. My lips are parted as though I'm going to reply but I honestly don't know what to say. That's a lot of information this early on a morning.

Damon gestures us to leave my room, "Come on."

I follow both of my brothers downstairs, "How did this happen?" I ask as we all walk downstairs.

Stefan shrugs, "I don't know, Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep."

"What's she doing here?" Damon asks.

"I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out." Stefan says as he walks towards the front door.

Katherine appears, great, "I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here."

I frown at her, "What? Why?"

Katherine shrugs, "It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb."

Damon glares at Katherine, "You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed."

"I did what I had to get out of the tomb." Katherine boldly states, "Now I'm reconsidering my alliance."

Katherine turns to walk away but Stefan interrupts her, "What do you know?"

Katherine turns to face us all again, "I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you. Besides, if you three ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart."

Stefan looks away and thinks for a second, he runs his hand through his hair and points to Damon, "Tell you what. Why don't you, uh...Call Alaric and let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep."

Stefan walks out the house, leaving the three of us looking at each other not really knowing what to do next. Katherine walks away, Damon nudges me and gestures me to follow him outside. I grab my jacket and follow him out and get into his car with him.

"Where are we going?" I ask once we have driven off so Katherine can't hear us.

"We're going to meet Bonnie at the Martin's." Damon replies.

-------------------------------------------

We arrive at the Martin's place with Bonnie who has a new pet; Jeremy.

Damon opens the door leading into the apartment, he waves his hand through the threshold to make sure he can get in, "Yep." He takes a large stride into the room, "Everybody's dead."