Chapter 53

We'll Always Have Bourbon Street

Klaus was leaning against the doorframe between their bedroom and the bathroom, already dressed for the day. Watching Lola's chest rise and fall with every delicate breath. Klaus walks back towards the bed, slowly lowering himself back down attempting to not wake Lola up.

But the dip in the bed makes Lola stir awake, her drowsy eyes open slowly, slightly flinching at the sunlight beaming through the windows until her eyes meet Klaus'. A smile crept onto her lips, "Good morning."

Klaus pulls Lola closer to him until there was no space at all between them, his arms gripped around her waist, "Good morning, my love."

Lola runs a hand through Klaus' hair, "How did you sleep?"

"Hmm," Klaus hums, "Like a baby."

It's as though the ability to speak leaves Lola's body as Klaus' lips trailed along her jaw and down her neck until he reaches her collarbone, "You're distracting me from showing you the surprised I've had planned downstairs." Klaus mumbles between kisses, creating goosebumps all over Lola's body.

Lola bites the corner of her lip to try and conceal her growing smirk, "I'm just simply laying here."

Klaus breaks away from Lola's skin, looking up at her with a mischievous smirk, "Exactly."

Lola props herself up with her elbows, looking at Klaus inquisitively, "What's the surprise?"

Both of their attention goes to Lola's phone on the side table that begins to ring. Klaus looks back over to Lola leaving a soft peck against her lips, "Come and see for yourself once you've answered that."

Lola's smile beams as she watches Klaus leave their room before sinking back into the pillows, bringing the phone up to her ear, "Hey, Stef."

"How you doing, Lo? I've been worried after our call last night."

"Oh, I'm great." Lola emphasises as she pulls the sheets off her, climbing out of the bed, "That was just a momentary blip of madness. Are you okay?"

"Uh, I've been better."

Lola mentally slaps herself, for a second forgetting what is going on with her brothers, "Right, the whole Damon/Elena thing." She places her phone on the dresser on speaker as she gets dressed in the bathroom, "So, you've really moved out?"

"I didn't see any other option. There's something else Caroline and I figured out last night. We think Elena is sired to Damon."

"Sired?!" Lola exclaims, popping her head out of the bathroom, half dressed, looking towards her phone. She purses her lips, walking back into the bathroom as she shrugs, "Huh, that makes sense. She will literally do anything he says."

"Yeah, I've told Damon but he isn't convinced."

"Well of course he isn't, he's stubborn."

"He's gone to the school now to try and get Elena to feed from a blood bag again. Damon said to her to not drink from it so she didn't. Maybe if he tells her to try again she will."

Now fully dressed, Lola looks in the mirror as she fixes her hair, "Well we both know she will. The sire bond is rare but if it's true, Elena will do anything to please Damon."