Chapter 16

The House Guest

LOLA POV:

I'm seriously debating whether or not I should actually get out of bed today. We get rid of one problem; Elijah. Just for another problem to come waltzing into the house; Katherine. This is just great.

Katherine has said to Damon that she is here to help but I have serious issues believing her, call it a gut feeling I guess.

I eventually drag myself out of bed and get in the shower. I really can't be bothered to do anything major with my hair so I just put it up in a bun and let the shorter pieces of my hair fall out. I put on some blue jeans and a black turtle neck with black boots.

I go into the basement to grab myself a blood bag. I walk into the living room and Damon is already sat there.

"Morning Damon." I say over to him as I pour the blood into a glass and hand it over to him.

Damon looks up from the newspaper and smiles, "Morning, thanks."

"You doing okay?" I say as I take a seat on the couch opposite him.

"Well apart from the fact I almost got killed last night and that Katherine is under this roof, I'm great." Damon says sarcastically.

I raise my brow over at my brother, "I hope you don't think I knew about the whole you die if you use the dagger scenario."

Damon scoffs, "Of course I didn't think that, I know you hate me sometimes but I would like to think you wouldn't get me killed."

I pretend to think about it as I shrug, "Hm, just depends what mood I'm in."

Damon smiles over to me and looks back down at the newspaper. I look up to see Katherine walking in dressed in Elena's clothes. Does she really think that's going to fool anyone?

"Good morning, guys." She says as she fastens her jacket.

Damon glances up and smiles at her but then he soon realises it's Katherine also, glad to see someone round here is just as smart as me.

Damon vamp speeds over and pushes Katherine against the wall by her throat, "What are you doing here? I told you to leave."

"What is your problem?" Katherine says pretending to struggle in Damon's hold.

Damon looks her up and down, "You're wearing her clothes? Like that's going to work."

"You think I'm Katherine? Why would you think that? Katherine's in the tomb! Isn't she?" Katherine says, I have to admit, she is getting good at being like Elena.

I just chose to sit and watch all of this unfold. Stefan then comes down the stairs and Damon loosens his grip of Katherine.

"What the hell's going on here?" Stefan asks glancing between Damon and Katherine.

"I don't know, you tell me. Is Katherine in the tomb or not?" Katherine asks pretending to be concerned.

Stefan has literally just been upstairs with Elena, does he really think she got down here so quick? My two idiot brothers look at each other confused and then rush upstairs to go and see the real Elena.

Wow. Guess I am the smartest one out of us all.

Katherine looks over to me with the classic panicked Elena facial expression.

I start to laugh as I walk over to her, "You can fool my brothers but you can't fool me Kitty Kat."

Katherine's expression drops and a smirk appears, "You're a smart girl Lola I'll give you that."