Chapter 22

As I Lay Dying

LOLA POV:

The last time I slept was the night before the stupid ritual and even then I think I got a maximum of 3 hours, but who's counting. I've been up all night going through all the Gilbert journals and any historic artefacts I could get my hands on. I need to find a cure, I need to save Damon.

I've been sat in the kitchen all night, with books and papers covering most of the countertops, but so far I'm not having any luck in finding a cure.

I glance up to see Stefan walk in, wow must be morning already, "Lola, what are you doing?"

I don't look back up, I continue to read the current page I'm on, "What does it look like? I'm finding a cure."

Stefan walks up to me and puts his hand on the journal I'm reading, I look up and glare at him as he looks down at me, concerned, "Have you even slept?"

I roll my eyes as I turn away and start looking through a different journal, "Well that's the good thing about being a vampire, Stefan." I turn to look at him and smile sarcastically, "It's not essential that we sleep."

Stefan sighs as he flicks through a journal, "So you've been down here since the funeral looking through all of this?"

"Apart from having a shower and getting in a different change of clothes, pretty much." I mumble as I pour probably my 9th cup of coffee so far.

Stefan sighs once more as he takes yet another journal away from me, "Lola, listen." I huff as I clench my jaw glaring down at the counter, I look up at Stefan, still glaring as Stefan continues, "If there was something in these journals about a cure, we would have found it already. We've read through these so many times and nothing is in there about a cure."

I shake my head not agreeing with him, "Maybe you think that because when we were looking through them we weren't looking for one!" I snatch the journal out of his hands and start to look through it again, tears start filling my eyes, "We were looking for the witch house, ways to save Elena, we weren't looking for a way to save one of us! To save Damon!" A wave of dizziness goes through me, causing me to drop the journal and step back a little to regain my balance.

Stefan grabs me to help me maintain my balance, "Are you okay?"

I lightly push away from Stefan, "Yeah, I'm fine."

My vision starts to go a bit blurry as I lose my balance again, Stefan grabs me and guides me over to a chair and sits me down. He crouches down in front of me and looks at me worried, "When was the last time you fed?"

I shrug and laugh slightly as I try to remember the last time it was, "The night on the roof, and even then it was only about a third of a bag."

Stefan vamp speeds down to the basement and returns with a blood bag, he rips the top open and passes it over to me, "You need to feed, Lola."

I nod as I take the blood bag and drain it within seconds, I look up at Stefan and laugh as I wipe the blood away from the corner of my mouth, "I've been a bit busy trying to make sure my brothers stay alive and help defeat my psycho ex." I start to instantly feel better, physically. Mentally, I feel just as weak as I have been for days.

Stefan pulls a chair and sits opposite me and grabs my hands, "I know exactly what you're thinking, none of this is your fault. Just because you knew this Klaus guy before all of this doesn't mean that everything happening is your fault. I've got Bonnie looking for a cure, we will get through this, together."

I can't help but smile at Stefan. After all the fighting we've done over the years, he's still there for me when I need him. I hope he thinks the same about me, I would do anything for my brothers, "Since when were the younger siblings better at giving little pick me up speeches than the older siblings?"