Chapter 9

Katerina

Flashback, 1887:

Lola has been driving Klaus crazy ever since she walked into the ball a month ago. She was a mystery, which he liked. Lola was playing hard to get, she knew Klaus was interested but she would never show how she was feeling, it was like she just wasn't interested in him at all. Lola just figured Klaus was trying with her because she wasn't showing that she was interested and the big ego of his didn't like it. She was right, it drove Klaus even crazier, he wasn't used to women not falling at his feet.

"You look beautiful today, Charlotte." Klaus smiles at Lola as they are both walking through a park in New Orleans.

Lola blushes at his comment, "Thank you. Please, call me Lola."

Klaus smiles and nods, "Very well, Lola."

"I must thank you, again. I've been with you and your family for a month now. I'd hate to over stay my welcome." Lola says as they continue to walk around the park.

Klaus laughs, "Nonsense, love. You could never over stay your welcome. I'm sure my sister would also agree."

Lola smiles, "Rebekah is a sweetheart."

As they continue to walk, they walk near a bench. Klaus takes a seat on the bench. Lola turns to see Klaus sitting down and smiling up at her, he motions for her to sit next to him.

"Why are we sitting?" Lola asks as she smiles at Klaus.

"Because I want to get to know you. As you said, you've been with us for a month and I don't know much about you." Klaus says smiling over at the beautiful blonde.

Lola smiles, takes a seat and looks down at her lap and then back up at Klaus, "What would you like to know?"

"So you have mentioned before you're from Virginia, do you have family?" Klaus asks.

Lola's smile vanishes, she notices Klaus looking at her concerned thinking he shouldn't have ask her, she reassures him with a quick smile.

"Yes I have two brothers, one older and one younger." Lola replies.

"Are they both...?"

"Vampires. Yes. We all turned the same night. My younger brother, Stefan, he, um, forced myself and Damon into turning." Lola says, she laughs, "Stefan and I aren't really on speaking terms since that night."

Klaus looks at Lola confused, "You didn't want to turn?"

Lola sighs and looks at the humans walking around the park going about their day, "I didn't know what I wanted. It was pretty much forced upon me."

Klaus watches Lola as she stares at a couple in the park, sat on the grass playing with their baby. Klaus looks at Lola as she smiles at the family, the smile was so sad.

"You wanted a family." Klaus says softly.

Lola jumps out of her day dream, she looks over to Klaus and smiles, "I did, once. Though I never found someone worthy of my time when I was human."