Chapter 15

The Dinner Party

LOLA POV:

I can't even remember the last time I got a full night sleep since I came back to Mystic Falls. It's just a different thing every single time that keeps me up worrying. It's a good thing I'm a vampire and I don't rely on sleep.

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that if what Elijah said is true, my best friends are somewhere at the bottom of the ocean and I'm probably never going to see them again.

I can't believe Klaus would do that, that's low even for him. As if it wasn't bad enough he daggered them and now they're lost forever probably.

I get pulled back into reality when there's a knock at my door. I walk over and open the door slightly; it's Damon.

Damon smiled weakly at me, "I just wanted to see how you are doing. I've heard you moving around since about 3am."

I smile back at Damon and open the door further to allow him to walk in. I make my way over to my bed and take a seat on it.

"Look at you, finally learning how to knock. It's only took about 160 odd years." I say jokingly to Damon, he smiles at me and sits down besides me on the bed.

My smile totally vanishes and I'm just staring at down at my bed with a blank expression.

"What happened yesterday, Lo? I know you aren't like this because of the whole thing about Elena." Damon says in a worried tone.

"It's nothing, we were just talking about the past." I say still staring down at the bed refusing to give Damon eye contact.

Damon places his hand on my wrist, "Did he hurt you?"

I look up at Damon surprised, "What? No! No of course he didn't. Unlike you he actually likes me."

Damon looks at me as though he wants me to continue and tell him everything. I can't. I can't tell him about the real curse on Klaus, what's the point anyway? Either way Elena will die it doesn't matter about the ins and outs of what curse is being broken.

I also can't tell him I know more originals, I can't even bare to think of the argument we would had. I really don't have the energy for anymore arguments with either of my brothers.

We need to dagger Elijah. He's going to be pissed when he finds out that I'm getting involved in this but as annoying as it is, we need to protect Elena. I'll just undagger him in a few years and explain, he can never stay mad at me. Believe me, he's tried.

"I really don't want to talk about it. We just need to make sure this sacrifice doesn't happen." I say as I get out of bed and walk over to my dresser and start picking out an outfit to wear.

"Where are you going?" Damon asks.

I turn to face him, "Jenna asked if I would join her in showing Elijah around the town."

Damon bursts out laughing, "Aw little miss tour guide eh? Sounds like your absolute dream."

I glare over to Damon, "Shut up, asshole." I turn and grab my outfit and start to walk into my bathroom. I turn to face Damon as I step into the bathroom walking backwards, "The way I see it, I'm keeping Elijah soft, thinking he's got me on his side."