Chapter 58

Into The World

Lola slowly opens her eyes, trying to adjust to her surroundings. She feels a throbbing sensation from the corner of her eye, she flinches when she puts her hand against it making her instantly remember what happened.

Her eyes focus to a figure standing at the doorway, she groans as she tries to sit up on the bed she's been passed out on, "You hit me with a log?"

Kol shrugs his shoulders as he throws the stake up in the air, "Technically, it's the white oak stake."

"It's wood." Lola deadpans, she glares towards Kol as she stands up from the bed, "Therefore, it's a log. What the hell is wrong with you?"

Kol sighs as he takes a step closer to Lola, "Would you believe me if I said this was my way of protecting you?"

Lola laughs in a half-suppressed manner, as she steps away from him, "I know you're full of shit."  Lola then realises where she is, she furrows her brows, glaring over to Kol, "How long have I been down here?"

"It's hard to say."

"What do you mean hard to say?" Lola snaps, "You're the one who trapped me down here! Let me out."

"No."

"Let me out, Kol! Where's Nik? What have you done to him?" Kol's blank expression and ignorance just fuels Lola's rage even further as she steps closer to him pushing him against his chest, "Oh so now you're ignoring me? You are such an asshole, Kol! I'd have never done anything like this to you! Now you're just gonna stand here and taunt me?"

Kol bows his head slightly, a sympathetic stare on his face, "I can't let you out, I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?" Lola echoes, "You're the one who knocked me out then locked me in here! All because of your childish nightmares about Silas!"

"I can assure you they're not nightmares." Kol closes the gap between the pair, he has a faint smile on his face as he takes hold of both of Lola's hands, "Sooner or later you will realise that me doing this to you is because I care about you. You're just like a sister to me, Lottie."

Lola pushes away from Kol, her eyes full of hurt and betrayal, "You are nothing to me." She seethes, "As far as I'm concerned, you're dead to me. I'm never going to forgive you for doing this." She runs her hands through her hair as she turns away from Kol, taking a deep breath, "And another thing, I-"

She turns around to see Kol is no longer standing in the room, she looks around confused. She never heard him open or close the door, so what the hell is happening?

"The only person you can blame for you being here is yourself."

The hairs on the back of Lola's neck stick up, her eyes widening in fear at the voice behind her, "No, this isn't real."

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, Charlotte!"

The bellowing of the voice makes Lola flinch, tightly shutting her eyes before she slowly turns around. It's like something stabs her in the heart when she slowly opens her eyes to see the one man she used to truly fear standing in front of her, "Father."

A twisted grimace is on Giuseppe's face as he steps closer to Lola, "I've made a lot of mistakes in my life time, I will openly admit that. But I have to confess, allowing your mother to continue her pregnancy with you has got to be the biggest mistake I've ever made."