Chapter 8

Rose

Damon and Stefan are both downstairs the next morning, Lola is upstairs still sleeping. Damon and Stefan are in the library.

"I think Lola is hiding something." Damon says as he grabs a drink.

"What do you mean? Do you mean what Katherine said last night?" Stefan asks.

Damon nods, "Yeah, that and the fact she has only been here a short amount of time and she has disappeared twice."

Stefan looks down to the floor, he already knows Lola is hiding something but she isn't ready to speak about it yet. Stefan was okay with this, but Damon however, he will want to know what's going on no matter what.

Damon notices Stefan looking suspicious, "Wait." Damon says as he walks over to Stefan and Stefan raises his head looking at Damon, "You know something, don't you?" Damon says frowning at his brother.

Damon felt hurt that his sister wouldn't tell him what was going on in her life, they were so close and they always confided in each other no matter what.

"No, I don't I swear. But when we had our talk a couple weeks ago, I could tell there was something she was hiding but Damon, the look on her face." Stefan looks over to his brother with sadness filling his eyes, "What ever it is, I can tell it's painful for her and she isn't ready to say anything."

Damon scoffs and rolls his eyes, he puts his drink down and he makes it towards Lola's bedroom, Stefan is quick on his tail trying to get him to not bother their sister.

Damon quietly opens the door and peeps his head round it and sees his sister is still fast asleep with her back facing the door. He walks over to the side of the bed Lola is laying on and crouches down so he is face to face with her.

As Damon does this, Stefan walks into the room, Damon looks over to his brother and smirks and Stefan responds with an eye roll and leans against the wall with his arms crossed against his chest, he knows this is going to back fire on Damon.

Damon starts to blow in Lola's face which makes her start to stir awake. Lola opens her eyes to see Damon right in front of her, before she even realises it's Damon she punches him in the face causing Damon to fly back and fall against the wall behind him.

Lola shoots out of bed and vamp speeds over and grabs him by the neck, lifting him up off the floor and his legs are dangling and her vamp features come out.

"How the hell are you doing this?!" Damon spits out while he is struggling to breathe in Lola's hold.

Lola smirks and then releases Damon and he falls to the floor but quickly gets up pretending nothing happened.

"That's what you get for waking me up you dick! What the hell was that for?!" Lola shouts at Damon.

Stefan starts to laugh and Lola turns around and glares at Stefan, "What's so funny asshole?"

Stefan hides his laughter with a cough and holds his hands up in surrender, "Nothing, nothing!"

Lola groans and rolls her eyes "What the hell do you both want so badly you had to wake me up?!"

Damon looks over to Stefan and then looks back at Lola, "We just want to talk."

Lola looks at Damon up and down with a raised eyebrow then over to Stefan with the same expression.