Chapter 56

Catch Me If You Can

Lola was enjoying the peace and quiet that usually doesn't happen in the Mikaelson home as she sat reading through one of her Aunt's grimoires. However the peace and quiet didn't last long, as usual, when there was an array of heavy knocks against the front door. Lola rolls her eyes as she turns the next page in the book, ignoring the knocking, She sits up straight, looking down at the new spell, intrigued,

Illusionary Cloaking Spell: More commonly known as an invisibility spell, this spell allows a witch to cloak themselves and their targets — be it a person, object or certain locations completely based on one's perception.

Another loud bang at the door makes Lola slam the book shut and stomps towards the front door with an irritated look on her face, "Stop banging on the door!" She swings the door open to reveal an awkward looking Elena standing on the front step. Lola frowns towards her, "Oh, it's you. What do you want?"

Elena attempts to not look intimidated by Lola as she stands up straighter, her shoulders broad, "Is Klaus here?"

"Why do you care?"

"I need his help."

Lola bursts out laughing as she shuts the door in Elena's face and walks back towards the room she was in. Elena's shoulders drop as she sighs then opens the door letting herself into the house and follows Lola, "This is serious."

Lola turns to face Elena, she narrows her eyes to the doppelgänger, "Who said you could come in?"

"It's about Damon." Elena begins, "Kol has attacked him and Jeremy. Jeremy got away but he still has Damon."

Lola stares at her with a blank expression before shrugging her shoulders, "Okay." She turns away from Elena and walks back into the room.

Elena watches Lola in shock before following her into the same room, "Did you even hear what I said? Klaus' psycho brother has your brother! He's killed all the vampires that Klaus had lined up for Jeremy to kill, he's most likely going to kill Damon too." Elena watches as Lola doesn't even flinch at anything she is saying, instead pouring herself a drink making Elena scoff, "How can you not care about that?"

Lola shrugs, "Kol won't kill Damon."

"How can you be so sure?"

An amused grin appears as Lola looks over to an anxious looking Elena who can barely stand still at the thought of Damon in danger, "I get it, you're still in your little honeymoon phase with my brother and don't want it to be destroyed." She purses her lips in thought, "A bit like you destroyed Stefan."

Elena sighs as she sinks into one of the leather chairs in the room, "I'm just following my heart, I can't help how I feel."

Lola's phone goes off, she grabs it as she takes a seat on the sofa to see a text from Klaus,

"Where are you?"

Lola smiles to herself knowing what she is about to reply will make him panic and she could do with a bit more entertainment in her life,

"Causing a scene. Text you later."

Lola sits forward in her seat, "You follow your heart and expect everyone to be fine with it. I follow mine and become the enemy." She tilts her head slightly, narrowing her eyes to Elena, "That doesn't seem fair."