Chapter 26

Disturbing Behaviour

LOLA POV:

"It's probably best if I just show you." I say to Klaus as I put his hands against my face.

He looks at me concerned, "Are you sure?"

I nod, "I can't keep this from you any longer."

-------------------------------------------------

FLASHBACK 1958:

November 14, 1958 - it was my birthday.

I was on my way to meet Nik tonight, he left our apartment an hour earlier than me; explaining he had some big surprise for our date night tonight. He told me to meet him along Venice Beach, it's where we found each other again 3 years ago, both watching someone paint. It was a bit of a rough restart when I realised he compelled me back in the twenties but after a lot of grovelling from Nik's end, it just picked up where it left off.

As I continue walking, a swooshing sound comes up behind me. I turn to see no one there, laughing thinking it's Nik, "Very funny, Nik." I grow concerned when Nik doesn't appear. I turn to continue walking when the man I haven't seen since 1919 appears in front of me.

"We meet again, Charlotte."

"What the hell are you doing here?" I snap back at him. I try to run away but he appears in front of me yet again, grabbing me by my hair and sinks his teeth into my neck and then everything goes black.

I wake up with pain in my neck, as well as drinking my blood the asshole broke my neck, looking down, my wrists are tied up on the chair I'm on, laced with vervain. Trying to break free as I groan out in pain at the burning sensation from the vervain but it's no use, I'm too weak. I'm trapped in some dark warehouse, no one else is around but I can hear movement coming from outside the room.

"I know you're out there, Mikael! Be the big tough guy you always claim to be and show yourself!"

Mikael laughs as he appears into the room, "You still have your repulsive attitude I see."

"Only repulsive when the likes of you are around. What the hell do you want?" I snap, still trying to break free from the ropes.

He walks over and grabs me by my face, "There's no point in trying to break free. It's never going to work. You're just as weak and pathetic as the bastard himself!"

"I see you're still taking your anger out on Nik. Considering it was your wife who went behind your back because you clearly weren't satisfying her enough. Can't blame her I guess." He slaps me hard across the face, making my nose bleed, so hard the chair almost falls backwards. Mikael grabs the chair to keep it up straight as he stabs me in the stomach with a stake. I scream out in pain but then calm myself and start laughing, "If you want to kill me, you'll need better aim. I advise to go between the fourth and fifth rib."

"As much it would bring me joy to kill you, I'm not going to."

I look up at him confused, "You're not?"

"No."

"Then what the hell are you doing?" I scoff.