Arturito

Le Catellet, France

The week went by pretty smoothly, Lando and I accepted the fact we're both attracted to each other but we don't know where it's going just yet. What we have been doing, is playing minecraft every evening because it's so addictive.

Arthur occasionally comes along to bully him, I miss seeing him happy and cheerful but the way he treated me is not something I'm over. He talked so bitterly and vulgarly about something that doesn't even concern him.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday went by pretty smoothly. Except for the time when I was talking to Lando and I could see Arthur glare at us, he was mad at Lando for constantly brushing him off to spend time with me. Was it evil of me to feel happy about this? To watch him burn in jealousy?

It was Sunday at last! I was once again on guest duty, I hadn't seen Erica in a week she was so wrapped up in Pierre. I was happy for her, both of them made my heart melt. Even when he came to track the first thing he did was stop by and give her kiss. Felt like a third wheel but gosh was it cute!

It was lights out and the cars were zooming past, everyone was cheering excited to see who comes out of turn 1 as the leader of the pack. I went about talking to guests, not paying much attention to what was happening until the lady whose champagne I was refilling let out piecing yelp.

"What happened Miss Camille?" I asked.

"Look!" She pointed to the track and then a TV screen.

There had been a crash, involving both the Ferraris. The visuals on TV looked horrifying, one of them was completely rammed into the barrier while the other was in the gravel trap. Charles hopped out of Car16 and ran to the one rammed in the barrier.

My heart fell to the ground, it looked terrible. I was ready to burst into tears, I felt so anxious. There was pin-drop silence, everyone was worried for Arthur. 

I was feeling nauseous, scared, hurt, just about every unpleasant feeling there is on this planet. I didn't want to see him leave, with our last conversation being how much we couldn't stand each other.

He was unharmed, Charles and the stewards had managed to pull him out. He was walking on his own two feet towards the medical car. Relief washed over all of us, I needed to see him.

I ran out of the unit, I saw him entering the paddock after his medical examination. All my anger, disgust, hate and bitterness melted away. Never in my life have I been so scared for someone's life, my eyesight was completely blurred from all the tears. Without a second thought, I gave him a hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay, I was so worried." I sniffled.

He didn't say anything but just hugged me back, I felt safe knowing he was okay.

"Arturito, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have hidden it from you."

"Ma puce! I'm sorry for being so irrational-"

"And for being such an ass to me, say sorry!" I breathed into his chest.

"That too," he laughed, "Are you crying?"

"Of course I am! You nearly died!" I met his eyes.

"Well, every time I step into the car my chances of being doomed increase."

"You just had a crash and this what you're going to talk about? Arthur no!"

"Will you let me speak?"

"Go on." I rolled my eyes.

"You see, every time I race, could be my last. I like to think of everyone around me before I start my race, as much as I hated it in that moment I thought about you too, it wasn't a pleasant thought, I was so spiteful."