Jeff and Will

Austin, Texas

It was a cold a cold Saturday morning, quite early into the day. Only a few photographers and team personnel were here.

Erica and Tim had gathered all the interns, they were here to share some crucial information. My curiosity was piqued, all five of use were standing on there outside the unit waiting for them to address us.

"Good morning interns, the day's looking cold but what we say is going to set a fire inside you." Tim smiled.

"Way to scare them! We wanted to let you know that we're very happy to have you work with us." Erica added.

"You see, the thing is. We have 5 interns but only two ambassador openings for next year."

There were gasps all around, I was nervous! I really liked being here, what may have just started out as internship could be turned into a full time job and I wanted that.

"So we want you to do your best! Three Grand Prixes to go, you got this! You'll know who got the spots for next year by the last race. That's all, run along now!" Tim ended the meeting.

Everyone quickly dispersed and dissolved into their duties, I went over my list of tasks for the day and tried to get them done as fast as I could. After a while guests started showing up, I greeted them with smiles and got them to their seats.

The pressure was on! All of us giving it everything we got, all of us wanted to be able to do this all over again next year. I had finally found friends, a found family and created some amazing memories. I didn't want to let go just yet, in fact I never wanted to let go.

"Periwinkle, we have two businessmen in the balcony. Your responsibility for the day, make sure everything goes smoothly for them." Erica led me to them.

"Okay, I will give it my all."

I walked up to the two of them and introduced myself and asked them about themselves. I added that I'd be assisting them for the day.

"I'm Jeff and this is Will, we're in the  middle of something." The businessman rudely addressed me.

"Be a doll and get me some more champagne." The other man smirked.

Yikes! I was stuck with a rude man and his sleazy companion. I couldn't wait for this day to be over already, I walked back with the glass of champagne and placed it on the table.

I spent the whole time just walking to and fro with champagne, it was getting tiring, repetitive and boring. Until it wasn't, Will placed his foot in an odd position.

While walking back to their table with hopefully the last glass of drinks as the day was coming to an end, I tripped on his foot.

My worst nightmare had come true, I accidentally spilled some of the champagne on to Jeff's shoes. I froze, my heart was pounding, everything was happening in slow motion.

I looked up to see Jeff, his face was red, his fists were clenched. He looked like he was going to explode, he stood up and started yelling in rage.

"Mister Jeff I'm so sorry-" I managed to mumble.

"Oh that you will be! Do you have any idea about how expensive these shoes were?" He yelled.

"I'm sorry mister-"

"Stop with the sorries and get me your manager! Right now!"

Hearing all this ruckus Tim was already at the spot, Erica was walking towards the table. She asked me to step aside so she and Tim could deal with him.