Pit lane walks and small talks

Mexico City, Mexico

I was able to focus better on work in Suzuka after I found out Callum had no feelings for me, at the same time I did still feel a small tinge in my heart for what it could have been.

After a fast paced weekend at Japan, I was back home for a bit. I had time to sit down and spend time with mom and Pops. I also had to call up and tell my Grandma that I would be visiting her during the American Grand Prix.

She was happy that I was coming home to meet her, I hadn't been to Austin in two years. Every time around the holidays I was still trying to finish back log from the previous semester. Now that I was finally out of university, I could go see her.

We came to Mexico City on a pleasant sunny day, the heat was bearable and the breeze made it better. We spent the day touring the city, taking pictures and indulging in the food.

There was no way one could be hungry in this city, there was something for everyone to eat! The rich flavours of authentic Mexican food were new to me and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Wednesday and Thursday went by fast with pit lane walks and small talks. Either the job was growing on me or I had learnt to manage it well because I stopped feeling as overwhelmed and drained as I used to.

Every once in a while I'd see a familiar face from the previous races, it felt good. I saw miss Camille from France at the paddock on Friday.

She was very happy to see me and said that she wanted me by her side on the whole of Saturday and Sunday when her group came along.

I proudly told Tim about that and for once he didn't say something sassy and was proud of me for learning well from him.

It was Saturday at last! I dressed to the nines and headed to the paddock, Elena told me that miss Camille had already called and informed that she was running a little late.

I thanked her for the information and headed to Tim, he told me to help out the unit with setting up the flowers and stuff till she was here with her friends.

After arranging God knows how many flowers, I decided to head to the gates so I could welcome her. I felt something brush against my leg, I looked down to see a chubby little dog looking at me.

I kneeled down to pet him, his tag read ROSCOE. I played with him for a little while, there was no sign of his human around.

"Come on Roscoe! Let's go!" I started walking.

With a little woof, he set out his little paws on a jog to keep up with me. I found my way through the crowd to finally get to the Mercedes unit.

I scooped up little Roscoe in my arms and entered the unit. I found Angela, who looked very nervous. On seeing Roscoe in my hands her face eased out.

"Roscoe! There you are! Thank you so much." She smiled at me.

"No worries! He's a charming little boy."

"That he is." She smiled, "Lewis! She found Roscoe!"

"Really? Thanks so much!" He smiled walking towards us.

They didn't call him the style icon for no reason! He was so well dressed, his hair and shoes were on fleek. Gosh he looked good! His polite smile made it impossible for me to focus on anything but him.

"I know you! You look familiar." He smiled.

"Spain? Lance organised lunch for everyone to meet each other." I added.

"Natalie! That's your name right? The girl with the brightest smile."

"That would be me."

"Thanks so much for getting Roscoe here, I was just about to go look for him."