Where did the second room go?

Austin, Texas

Just when I thought we were done eating, she opened the oven to reveal the pie she had baked for us to eat after dinner.

"I'm going to explode!" I held my belly.

"Ah I'm not going to be able to walk to my car."

"Stop being such sissies! Come on, you've barely eaten anything! Dig into the pie, let me get some ice cream too!" She walked back to the kitchen to get the tub.

"I will not disappoint you Connie! Let's eat!" He sat up ready tackle the food.

"Arthur if you fall sick, I'm not responsible."

"He's not going to fall ill!"

After some more desserts and lots of off topic conversations the meal finally came to an end, we sat down in the living room. Still trying to digest the ungodly amounts of food we had eaten.

"Will you look at the time? It's 10:30 already!" Connie exclaimed.

"I won't be able to make it back to my hotel until 12 then, I better get going!"

"Arthur, what makes you think I'm going to let you go?" Connie asked him.

"No no no Connie I only agreed to stay till dinner! I can't delay any further."

"I am not letting you drive on the streets in the dead of night! Do you want to be mugged? They'll see your fancy car-"

"Okay Connie that's enough of scaring him, Arthur stay! You have spare clothes too! Bring your bag in." I spoke up.

"Nat, I have to-"

"You can leave early in the morning if you want! But stay, I insist." Connie emphasised.

"Fine let me get my bag real quick." He smiled heading towards the door.

I headed up to make sure the beds were ready for us to sleep in. I opened the first door, which had been assigned to me and my cousins ever since we were kids. It was still the same, floral wallpaper, very extra headboard and beautiful windows.

The bed was made, ready for me to hop in and sleep. I opened to the second door, to prepare Arthur's bed. To my surprise, there was no bed! There were shelves, tables a little chair and lots of random scraps of fabric and wool.

"Connie! Where did the second room go?" I asked her.

"It's a three bedroom house, you kiddos are all grown up and visit rarely. So I turned the spare room into my knitting, sewing and reading room!"

"Well where is he supposed to sleep now?"

"I'll take the couch, it's okay!" He added in.

"You got your stuff! And no! I insisted that you stay so you can take the room I'll sleep on the couch."

"No no, you're probably sore from the flight, take the bed."

"You are an athlete if your back gets messed up it'll be my fault! Take the bed."

"Nat-"

"Oh stop bickering like children you two!" Connie cut in, "The bed's big enough for two to sleep comfortably!"

"So you're saying we should share the bed?"

"Yeah! You are friends right? And adults?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Just go to sleep already good night, I'll be reading in my room if you need me."

"But you have a reading roo-"