Keep the media out

London, England

Spielberg went by smoothly, we were back home for the round at Silverstone. Mick was extremely sweet and kind to me, Lily kept trying to nudge me towards him but she was set up for failure.

I couldn't even walk home without getting a few looks, this was starting to get really frustrating. I had gone over the article Maisie planned on publishing, she had modified it according to my wishes.

She was hoping that the website would roll it out around the time of the Silverstone Grand Prix, in time for my home race she laughed. I had been to Silverstone years ago, on a family outing which I hated because well I didn't like Formula 1!

"It feels so strange to travel to a venue in my own car and sleep in my own bed!" Erica laughed.

"I know! This feels weird!"

We were driving to Silverstone in the wee hours of morning, she picked me up and we were off to the track. I was surprised by how close the technical hubs of some teams were to the circuit.

The weather was cloudy and there were talks of possible rain, however the weather forecast for Sunday definitely said otherwise.

"Hello famous person," Tim greeted me, "You're working back end."

"Tim! You promised to let me be at the gates with you!"

"That was until I found out someone has written an article on you."

"I told both of you! Erica remember? Maisie? The girl on the train."

"Erica, you're not going to defend her. We don't need media attention around the people." Tim argued.

"Well, Tim is right." Erica sighed.

"Okay." I huffed.

"Have you even read the article?" Tim asked.

"I didn't know she already published it! We went over the draft that's about it." I admitted.

"You're not going to like it." Gulped giving me his phone which had the tab open.

Natalie Periwinkle, F1's newest debutant and alluring femme.

The heading seemed fine, I'm hardly alluring though. The initial easiness disappeared after reading the words, this was nothing like the draft she had sent. I couldn't believe my eyes!

She spoke about me being spotted with Lando and my picture with Arthur rather than what we had been over in the coffee shop. Speculations of a love triangle that didn't exist and more gossip.

I was enraged, above all I felt hurt. She had misused my trust only to gain credibility for her gossip, I clearly wasn't a part of her project to inspire other young girls. I was just a hot topic or a story she happened to have found for her big break.

"This is disgusting. I feel used." I snivelled.

"Oh it's alright! It's not the end of the word." Tim gave me a hug.

I heard people call my name in the distance, before I could see who it was Erica had already linked arms and was leading me into the paddock.

"The damn media. I'll handle them." Tim marched towards them.

"Okay Periwinkle, we find ourselves in the middle of a mess before the free practice has even started."

"I'm sorry!"

"It's not exactly your fault. I'm assigning you work within the unit for this weekend."

"Alright." I replied.