Chapter 21 - Huge

"Well, that was an eventful night." Carter said as she closed the door behind Abby, who was the last person to leave.

"An eventful night indeed." Tim slumped down on the couch, "But it was a great start to our first night in our new house."

"Start? There's more? But I am so tired." Carter whined. She walked over to the couch, but right as she was about to sit down there was a knock on the door. "Ugh. Who's here now." She huffed as she walked back over to the door. Tim stood up and followed behind her with a big grin on his face. Carter opened the door and squealed.

"Surprise!" Tony said, holding a tiny puppy in his arms.

"Oh my goodness! Tim, did you know about this?!" Carter turned around excitedly.

"Of course I did. I'm the one who picked her out." Tim laughed as Carter threw her arms around his neck. She quickly let go, and ran to grab the puppy out of Tony's arms.

"Tim didn't want you to get suspicious so he sent me to pick her up... You always talk about how much you want a dog, so we figured what better time now that you have a nice big backyard for her to run around in." Tony smiled.

"She's perfect. What breed is she?" Carter asked, as she sat on the floor with the fluffy little white dog, with black ears and tiny little spots across her back.

"Great Pyrenees. She's a sheep dog, so we have to get her lots of toys and things to do, so she can feel like she's working." Tim smiled as he crouched down and pet the puppy's head.

"What are you going to name her?" Tony laughed as Carter laid down and let the puppy climb onto her stomach.

"She looks like a Maisie to me." Carter said, holding the puppy above her face.

"I like it. Maisie McGee." Tim smiled.

"She needs a middle name... What about Mae so all of her names start and end with the same letter?" Carter asked, still staring at the puppy's face.

"Why not." Tony chuckled as he looked to Tim and mouthed, "Good job."

"And this is why I said that the dinner party was only the start to our night." Tim smiled as he kissed Carter's forehead.

"I'm not tired anymore. I want to stay up all night and play with my new baby." Carter said as she grabbed on of Tim's slippers and started taunting the puppy with it.

"Hey! That's my shoe!" Tim pouted.

"Not my fault you didn't get her toys before she got here." Carter shrugged as she walked to the kitchen to get a bowl of water.

"She's got a point, McGee... Did you get anything for her?" Tony laughed.

"Uhh... Well... No. I didn't think about it." Tim said as he stood up, "I guess we are making a trip to the pet store tomorrow."

"I guess so... Anyways, what was up with her earlier? When she went down to talk to Abby?" Tony asked in a hushed tone.

"I think she should be the one to tell you." Tim said, looking over his shoulder as Carter walked back in the room. She wasn't paying any attention to them, she was focused on Maisie, who was running circles around her feet, and not spilling the bowl of water that she was carrying.

"Carter." Tony said. Carter, a bit startled, looked up at him.

"Yeah? What's up?" she asked.

"Have any news you want to share with me?"

"Oh... Yeah." Carter said, setting the bowl down in front of Maisie. Maisie stuck her entire face in the bowl, when she pulled it out, her hair was soaked. "So... I am going to college."

"You are? For what? Are you leaving us?" Tony asked, somewhat excited, but also sad.

"No, I'm not leaving. I talked with Gibbs and Vance about being a part time field agent... I accepted a position in George Washington University's accelerated forensic chemistry program... I am going to start working with Abby as an intern in a few weeks."

"Really?! That's awesome! I'm glad you still get to work with us, even if it is only part time." Tony smiled. He walked over to her and gave her a big hug.

Ruff! Ruff!

Maisie let out a tiny yip, jumping on the side of Tony's leg. "She loves her Uncle Tony." Carter laughed as she picked her up.

"I'm so glad." Tony said sarcastically, while Maisie was going crazy licking his face, "You know she is going to get huge, right? I'm talking like Saint Bernard huge."

"And I am so so so alright with that. I love her already." she turned to look at Tim, "You better believe she is going to be sleeping in our bed."

"Alright... Fine. As long as she doesn't pee on the bed..." Tim sighed.