Chapter 26 - Strong

"NCIS!" the yell echoed through the house, followed by the crash of the door being kicked in.

"Looks like your friends didn't listen." the tall man said, pulling out his knife, making another shallow slit across Carter's neck.

"They didn't care enough to let you live." the shorter man, grinned. He grabbed the knife from the tall man and put a slit in Tim's neck. The door to the dark room suddenly fell to the floor, revealing Gibbs, Tony, and Ziva.

"Bad mistake." the man pulled the knife harder against Tim's neck. Blood started gushing to the floor and Tim's head fell forward.

"Drop the knives." Gibbs demanded as he, Tony, and Ziva pointed their guns at both of the men's chest. The taller of the men dropped his, but the shorter man kept his knife next to Tim's neck.

"If you shoot me, Mr. Gibbs, your friend McGee here, will never wake up again." the man said, looking over at Carter and smiling. He stepped behind Tim and held the knife right in front of Tim's throat.

"Tim." Carter cried.

"Shut up!" he snapped, stepping towards her.

Bang!

The man fell to the floor, as blood poured from his chest. "Who in the hell did that?" Gibbs asked, running over to the taller man with handcuffs in his hands.

"I did." Tony said, breathing heavy, "Carter needs Tim. I couldn't let him die." Ziva ran over to Tim and untied the ropes from his hands. She pulled off her shirt and held it to Tim's neck as she lowered him to the ground.

"Call 911." Ziva said, leaning over Tim in just her bra.

"Holy shit." Tony said staring at her.

"DiNozzo! Stop looking at your girlfriend and get your ass over here to help your sister." Gibbs said, putting the handcuffs on the man.

"I am so sorry. My brother made me do this." the man cried, looking down at his brother, who laid lifeless on the floor, "I didn't want to hurt anyone."

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you." Gibbs recited the Miranda Rights as he walked the man out of the room.

"Carter? Are you alright?" Tony asked, wiping the blood off of her neck to see how badly she was cut.

"I'm alive." Carter looked up at him with tears in her eyes, "Please don't let Tim die."

"We won't." Tony said, looking over his shoulder at Ziva.

"Is it bad?" Carter asked as Tony looked back at her neck. The two slits were badly in need of stitches.

"It's not good." Tony said, "Can you stand up?"

"I think so." Carter said, grabbing onto Tony's hands.

"Ambulances are here!" Gibbs called from outside.

"Let's go." Tony said as paramedics ran into the room and over to Tim.

"I don't want to leave him." Carter said, looking over her shoulder while Tony pushed her towards the door.

"It's not a good idea for you to be here right now." Tony said. Grabbing her up in his arms and carrying her to the other paramedics, walking towards them with a stretcher. Tony set her down on the stretcher and kissed her forehead. "I love you, kid."

"I love you, too, Tony." Carter said as they loaded her into the back of the ambulance. Tony ran back into the house, to the room where Ziva and Tim were. The paramedic was holding Ziva's shirt to Tim's neck as she stood back against the wall.

"How is it looking?" Tony asked, walking over to Ziva.

"Not very good." Ziva said, looking over at Tony with tears in her eyes, "He has lost a lot of blood."

"Is he going to make it?" Tony walked over to the paramedics standing around Tim's body.

"We are doing everything that we can." the paramedic said as they picked Tim up on the backboard and placed him on the stretcher. "We need to get him to the hospital as soon as possible to get him into the best hands." Tony and Ziva watched as they wheeled Tim out of the room.

"Tony..." Ziva turned to him and started to cry.

"It's going to be alright, Ziva. It's going to be alright." Tony hugged her, trying to hold back tears.

"Get in the charger." Gibbs said, swiftly entering the room.

"Hospital?" Tony asked.

"Hospital." Gibbs responded, walking back out of the house.

"We have to be strong." Tony said, kissing Ziva, before grabbing her hand and walking after Gibbs.