Chapter 1 - Left for Dead

"Carter what?!" Tony practically yelled into the phone. He and Ziva had taken over the investigation while Gibbs was at the hospital with Tim and Carter. Tim was recovering quite well, Carter on the other hand had taken quite a toll from the explosion.

"She flatlined. The doctor kicked Gibbs and I out into the hallway... They are trying to revive her." Tim's voice came from the other side of the phone, "Tony... I don't think she is going to make it."

"Timothy McGee. You need to stay positive... She will be alright... I hope."

"Just get here Tony." Ziva could hear the muffled words coming from the phone. Tony hung up and looked at her with tears gathering in his eyes.

"Come on, Tony. I will drive you... Do not worry. I will be careful." Ziva smiled, wrapping her arm around Tony's. The two walked to Ziva's car and drove off.

When they finally reached the hospital, Tony and Ziva rushed up to Carter's room to see her on life support. "Oh my god." Tony said when he saw her, "Carter... I am so sorry that this happened to you... Please, don't go." Tears fell like rain from his face.

"Tony... I'm sorry." Tim cried, looking to Tony with a guilty expression.

"McGee. This isn't your fault. You love her more than anything. I know you did all you could to protect her... Thank you." Tony pulled Tim into a hug.

"No, thank you, Tony... I'll you with her. You need some sibling time." Tim walked out the door and Ziva followed.

"Hey, Carter... It's me. Your big brother... I love you. Please wake up." Tony said, grabbing her hand. All of a sudden her eyes snapped open and she began to have a panic attack. "McGee! Gibbs! Ziva! Hurry!"

"What? What's going on?!" Tim asked running in the room, upon spotting Carter he ran over and grabbed her other hand, "Carter! You're awake!" She looked at him with wide eyes, struggling to push the breathing tube out of her mouth.

"Carter. Everything will be alright. You just need to calm down and wait for the nurses." Gibbs said. Almost as soon as he finished a nurse came into the room. He walked over to Carter and slowly pulled her breathing tube out. Carter coughed as it came out, trying to ease the scratching sensation.

"Tim." Carter coughed, squeezing his hand. Tim grabbed her face in his hands and kissed her. It was a long kiss, enough to make the others feel a bit uncomfortable.

"Uh... Should we leave?" Ziva asked, causing Tim to pull away.

"No... I'm sorry... Please stay." Tim said, looking down at Carter, who nodded in agreement.

"Lil' sis." Tony smiled, gently hugging Carter.

"Big bro." Carter laughed a little as he let go.

"I'm so glad you're alright. We thought... Nevermind." Tim said.

"Thought what?"

"We thought you died... You flatlined." Gibbs said.

"I did? How is that possible?"

"Resurrection." Tony laughed.