Chapter 14 - Nobody

"Look, Ziva! Wild lovebirds out of their natural habitat!" Tony said pointing towards Carter and Tim.

"Tony! Leave them alone!" Ziva pushed his arm down as she sped past him, "You two, go. Enjoy yourselves. We can handle things."

"No, Ziva. We are staying to help." Tim said, looking over to her.

"No you're not... Get out of here." Gibbs said coming around the corner.

"Boss! I... Uh... We want to help." Carter mumbled.

"Go to your room. Spend some time together."

"Gibbs... We..." Tim looked over at Tony, who was obviously eaves dropping, "Come here." Tim led the way around the corner, out of Tony's hearing range.

"What is it, McGee?" Gibbs asked.

"Tony's here, boss... We don't want to... You know... With him here."

"Ahh... I understand. Here." Gibbs reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet, "Take my card and go get a room in another hotel."

"Boss! We couldn't..." Carter trailed off.

"Carter. Take it."

"Alright... Fine. Thank you, Gibbs." Carter grabbed the card out of his hand.

"And I don't want to see the two of you back here, got it?" Gibbs called after them.

*****

"Come on, Gibbs! Tell me where they went!" Tony complained.

"Tony. I said no. Your sister and brother-in-law do not want you in the same hotel as them. It is their honeymoon. Give them some space." Gibbs said, walking away from the situation.

"But... I just want to protect my little sister." Tony said before thinking.

"Protect her from what? Her husband? I think McGee can protect her, Tony... Besides, Tony. Would you want Carter barging in on you during your honeymoon?" Ziva asked calmly.

"I guess not... I'm just not sure I like the idea of McGee touching my little sister like that, you know?"

"Tony, I doubt you would be alright with anyone doing that... But she is married now. You can't always be there for her anymore." Gibbs said, putting a hand on Tony's shoulder.

"I... It's... It's just not fair."

"What's not fair, Tony?" Ziva asked concerned.

"I didn't get enough time with her... I've only had a year and a half to be her big brother, and it's already over."

"Tony. Don't even say that! You will always be her big brother... But she is an adult. So are you. You want your space and she wants hers. You have to be respectful of that." Ziva said.

"I know, Ziva, but..." Tony trailed off.

"But what, Tony?" Ziva asked, turning to face him.

"She's nine years younger than I am... And I have nobody."

"What about Ryan?" Gibbs asked.

"She left. She thought I was spending too much time at work and not enough time with her... Carter was all I had left, aside from my father... But now, she doesn't need me..."