Chapter 15 - Deep

"Tim." Carter breathed heavy, as she laid on his bare chest.

"Yeah, Cart?" Tim asked opening one eye to look at her.

"I feel bad about Tony... I mean... What Gibbs called me about. He just wants to be wanted."

"Aw come on, babe. Let me enjoy the moment a little longer before we talk about your brother. I mean way to ruin the mood." Tim said, flinging the sheets off of him and Carter. Slowly he stood up and grabbed his clothes from the floor. Turning around to face Carter he slipped his shirt over his head.

"Timmy... I wasn't trying to ruin anything... It's just that I feel like I could enjoy myself more if, you know, I made up with Tony... And... If I can enjoy myself more, well, you may be able to enjoy yourself more." Carter smirked.

"Well?! What the heck are you waiting for?! Put some clothes on and let's go talk to Tony!" Tim threw a handful of clothes in Carter's direction as he stumbled around to put his pants back on. 

*****

"Tony!" Carter called when her and Tim made it back to the crime scene. She flashed her badge to the police officer guarding the tape. Tony looked over his shoulder and turned back to the scene when he saw they were back. "Anthony. Please look at me. I want to apologize."

"You don't need to apologize... I need to get back to work. There is a family wanting to get answers about him. I don't have time to talk to anyone except for those helping me work this case." Tony said, standing up to walk away but Tim grabbed his shoulder. 

"Sit down, Tony." Tim said. 

"What the hell? Am I involved in a crime?" Tony asked mockingly. 

"No. But we are... And we wanted to apologize... Tony, you're my big brother. I never should have said those things to Gibbs. You just wanted to protect me. Tony, I love you, and I want to know that you forgive me." Carter said with tears welling in her eyes.

"Carter, it never was about me wanting to protect you. It was about me not wanting to lose you... You marrying McGee, well that meant that you won't need me anymore. Now no one needs me." Tony said, standing again. 

"Anthony DiNozzo. I do not want to hear you say those words again. People need you, Tony... We need you. I..." Ziva started, but abruptly stopped when she realized what she was about to say. 

"You what, Zi?" Tony asked looking deep into her eyes.

"I... I need you... I love you, Tony, but you have always been too busy to realize it."

"Ziva... You... You love me?!" 

"I do, alright? Sorry I said anyth..." Her words were cut off as Tony pressed his lips to hers. 

"What the hell just happened?" Gibbs walked up behind Tim and Carter to see Tony and Ziva kissing. 

"I honestly have no idea..." Tim said without looking away.