Chapter 25 - Without a Trace

"Carter?" Tim whispered a few minutes after the man disappeared into the next room. Carter looked over from the chair she was strapped down in, too scared to say anything. Tim quickly pulled up his sleeve, revealing his watch. Once she nodded her head, he tucked it back under his sleeve. "They should be able to find us."

Just seconds later the man came back in, this time followed by a second, much taller, man, both wearing ski masks over their faces. "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. McGee. I've brought you a new friend." the man snickered.

"That way, if your friends decide to disobey us, we can take care of the two of you quicker." the new man snarled.

"Because we all know that they will. They think they are tricky. But they're not. We've got their whole routine down."

"Why are you doing this?" Tim asked.

"Oh you'd like to speak?" the first man pulled out a whip and dangled it in front of Tim's face, "Wouldn't you like to know... Well we can't tell you that... Because if your friends do listen to our note and we get to let you go, then you would come right back after us."

"So if we did tell you, we'd have to kill you." the taller man smirked as he pulled a long bladed knife out of his belt, putting it up against Carter's throat. She closed her eyes and winced as he drew a tiny bit of blood. Tim looked over at her with wide eyes.

"Please, don't hurt her." Tim begged.

"Fine. Then we will hurt you." the shorter man said as he cracked the whip across Tim's legs. Carter began to cry.

*****

"So if Tim's phone is here... What giving us that other location?" Ziva asked, as her, Gibbs, and Tony walked back out to the charger.

"I know what it is." Tony said, after giving it some thought.

"Well?" Gibbs asked.

"Carter got him an apple watch about a month ago."

"But that needs the phone near it to work, does it not?" Ziva looked at him, climbing into the back of the car.

"Not if she paid to get data on it... If she did, his watch is able to do everything with out a phone."

"But what if they took his watch?"

"Well... Let's find out." Gibbs said, once again speeding off in the direction of Tim's shared location.

"But Gibbs... They said they would kill them." Tony gulped.

"They don't know me, DiNozzo." Gibbs looked over at Tony, who was sitting in the passenger seat, looking out the window, "We will save them before their captors even know what hit 'em." Ziva leaned forward and reached out to grab Tony's hand. She gave it a squeeze and he looked back over his shoulder.

"We can't let them die." Tony said, looking back and forth at Ziva and Gibbs.

"We will not let them die, Tony. I promise." Ziva looked into his eyes, and placed her hand on his cheek.

*****

"Any news, Doctor?" Jimmy asked. He and Abby ran through the sliding door.

"Not as of yet, Mr. Palmer, Ms. Scuito." Ducky shook his head, "The last thing that I was informed of was the note."

"I wish there was something we could do..." Abby said, pacing back and forth.

"We all do." Jimmy said.

"The note said that they are watching us... I am just trying to think of how they are watching us." Abby said, pacing even faster than before.

"They probably figured out a way to track their phones or something."

"Right... How would I be able to stop that?" Abby asked to herself, all of a sudden her face lit up, "I've got it!" She ran over to the phone on the desk in the side of the room.

"What is it, Abigail?" Ducky asked.

"VPN." Abby said, quickly dialing Ziva's number.

Buzz! Buzz!

"Hello?... Abby!... VPN?... Yes, I can do that." Ziva said, ending the call.

"VPN?" Tony asked.

"Abby said it is a virtual private network... If we get it on our phones, they will not be able to trace where we are. Abby thinks that is how they are watching us." Ziva said, grabbing Gibbs' phone.

"I'm willing to try anything if Abby thinks it will help my little sister." Tony said, downloading the app onto his phone.